Who pickes/picked up the kids from school when they are sick?

I GUESS LIKE MOST MOTHERS THE TASK WAS LEFT TO ME, EXCEPT WHEN MY S/O WAS ON A SHIFT THAT HE WAS ABLE TO GET THEM.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 11:32 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Money & Work

• My kids aren't old enough for school yet, but they are in daycare and if one of them was to get sick it would be left up to me to pick them up. My husband gets paid by the hour while I am salaried and am lucky enough to work in a fairly flexible office where they don't give me a hard time if I have to come in late or leave early in order to take care of something with my kids. It just makes sense for me to do those kinds of things.
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 11:34 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Me, my Hubby is away for a month at a time with his job. (I'm a SAHM)
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:39 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I do and always did. Even when I worked full time. I was the one that always took the day off too.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:39 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Generally it's my hubby. He has way more flexibility with being able to pop out of the office, and depending on how sick the kids are they just go to my mil's until I'm done work. If he has a meeting he can't get out of or miss, I'll pick them up. He's the boss at his job and I have very understanding supervisors.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:56 AM on Aug. 31, 2010