How do I get my son to stop biting?

My son is almost two years old and he will not stop biting at daycare. He used to get bit by this kid at daycare so now he has learned to start biting when he gets mad. He only does it at daycare and it is usually the little boy that used to bite him. They seat him in time out at daycare but that doesn't seem to work. I have tried and tried to talk to him about it. My friends all say to bite him back but, I am not sure it he would understand it I did it after we got home. Thank goodness the other parent is understanding b/c they used to be on my end. Please HELP!

Simple925

Asked by Simple925 at 11:35 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yeah, you're probably right about him not making the connection by the time you get home... not sure... that's the only trick I've ever heard for biting
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:54 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• GOOD QUESTION? HERE'S A BUMP MINE WAS THE ONE GETTING BIT ALL THE TIME.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 1:24 PM on Aug. 31, 2010