Do you buy your child a new school wardrobe or do you hit the second hand stores?

We bought our dd one new outfit and the rest is stuff that fits her from last year, or is second hand. Except for shoes. We bought her a new pair for indoor sneakers.

L.A.F.outloud

Asked by L.A.F.outloud at 11:35 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Shopping

• I usually hit up 2nd hand stores, thrift shops and garage sales. There are a lot of nice things out there that other kids have barely worn. My child is the type of child that likes to play in the dirt, so most of his clothes get ruined anyways, so why pay big money for them? I went to a garage sale last week and got 10 outfits for him that still had tags on them, and paid 10 bucks. I usually do buy his shoes new though.
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 11:38 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• New for all 3
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:36 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I buy bits and pieces all throughout the year...some from stores...some from thrift...depends. I buy most everything on sale though :)

And I do buy new shoes...except for a few times when I have found new shoes at the thrift store.

Found my son a pair of New Balance tennis shoes at the thrift store the other day BRAND new!!! 4.00 :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:37 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• We buy new clothes but we don't buy a whole new wardrobe for each new school year. If something still fits and is in decent condition they'll still wear it. We'll just buy a couple pairs of jeans, a few shirts and a pair or shoes or two. Whatever is needed really.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I shop at both, but I don't completely replace their wardrobes for back-to-school.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 11:38 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• We bought all 3 kids a new school wardrobe for Fall. Only my oldest got new shoes so far though.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:41 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Shoes are new for back to school, but I don't buy my kids a bunch of new clothes for back to school. I pick up things when I see them on sale and save them, they'll either get them for Christmas or back to school. I buy name brand clothes at thrift stores and Target clearance racks for my daughter. As my daughter out grows her clothes we give them to my friend for her daughter. In return she gives me all the clothes her son has outgrown for my son. Win/win situation for us.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 11:41 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Honestly, I hardly ever need to buy my son anything. Between my parents and my MIL, not to mention my aunts ans uncles...he's spoiled rotten. Granted, I still do buy him things, and they're usually new.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:47 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I budget and purchase new and used and get 'new to me' hand me downs monthly.
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 11:47 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i buy new clothes.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:01 PM on Aug. 31, 2010