Do you get caught up in day to day activities?

It is so easy to get caught up in day to day activities and forget what is really important. I find myself doing it all the time. I have found a poem that is great and I Wanted to share it with everyone.

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 11:38 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in General Parenting

• I love that poem. Thanks for sharing. I am going to print it and hang it up.
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 11:41 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I've read that poem before. I think it is true but I also believe that involving the kids in our day to day activities is important and can kill two birds with one stone. LOL!
    alexsmomaubrys2

Answer by alexsmomaubrys2 at 4:47 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Just for this morning, I am going to step over the laundry, and pick you up and take you to the park to play.

*Just for this morning, I will leave the dishes in the sink, and let you teach me how to put that puzzle of yours together.

*Just for this afternoon, I will unplug the telephone and keep the computer off, and sit with you in the backyard and blow bubbles.

*Just for this afternoon, I will not yell once, not even a tiny grumble when you scream and whine for the ice cream truck
    and I will buy you one if he comes by.

*Just for this afternoon, I won't worry about what you are going to be when you gro w up, or second guess every decision I have made where you are concerned.

hsmominky

Comment by hsmominky (original poster) at 11:40 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• *Just for this afternoon, I will let you help me bake cookies, and I won't stand over you trying to fix them.

*Just for this afternoon, I will take us to McDonald's and buy us both a Happy Meal so you can have both toys.

*Just for this evening, I will hold you in my arms and tell you a story about how you were born and how much I
    love you.

*Just for this evening, I will let you splash in the tub and not get angry.

hsmominky

Comment by hsmominky (original poster) at 11:41 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• *Just for this evening, I will let you stay up late while we sit on the porch and count all the stars.

*Just for this evening, I will snuggle beside you for hours, and miss m y favorite TV shows.

*Just for this ev ening when I run my finger through your hair as you pray, I will simply be grateful that God has given me the greatest gift ever given.

*I will think about the mothers And fathers who are searching for their missing children, the mothers and fathers who are visiting their children's graves instead of their bedrooms, and mothers and fathers who are in hospital rooms watching their children suffer senselessly, and screaming inside that they can't handle it anymore.

*And when I kiss you good night I will hold you a little tighter, a ittle longer. It is then, that I will thank God for you, and ask Him for nothing, except one more day.............

hsmominky

• You can find the whole poem on my journal post without it being broken up.

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1225620/For_all_the_mothers_on_my_list_myself_included
    hsmominky

Comment by hsmominky (original poster) at 11:43 AM on Aug. 31, 2010