Complete coupon system?

How do you manage your coupons? How often do you cut them, how do you file them, do you only use them on double/triple coupon days?

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 11:39 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I have a coupon file box then that fits into my purse so I always have it with me. I cut the coupons from the sunday paper once a week and then the weekly mailer usually ends up coming the day after I cut the weekly paper ones lol. And then I look online for coupons when I am making my menu. I use coupons every week. If stuff is on sale then I certainly use coupons. If I have extra time when I go grocery shopping then I'll browse the isles and se if any nonperishables that I have coupons for are on sale. Also the grocery store I go to generally doubles all coupons up to a dollar, and most other places only double coupons up to a dollar so I essentially get double coupons every week. I sort them by boxed things, canned things, chilled things, snack things, body things, household items, perishables, cleaners, and restaurants. It's a lot of work but a lot of fun lol. If you want to get the most for your coupons there is a...
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 11:44 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• website called grocerygames.com that will tell you what's on sale at stores in your area and the coupons you have to go with them based on online coupons, and the weekly newspaper inserts etc. I've never tried it because it's $15 a month and I figure that defeats my goal of saving money, but many people swear by that. If you do it that way I've heard to just file the inserts by date and then pull it out when you see a deal you need.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 11:45 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I WISH the stores around us did double/triple days, but none of them do it. I buy 2 Sunday paper.....on Tuesday because the Sunday paper is 1/2 price on Tuesday. Then I cut out the coupons while I am sitting at the school waiting to pick up my kids. I use a plastic accordion type file to separate them out by category. At the beginning of each month I go through them and take out the expireds. I use shopping/coupon websites to compare the sales with coupons and do my shopping based on what I am buying on sale for the week.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 11:46 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i CHECK THE SUNDAY PAPER AND USE THEM FROM MAGAZINES AND OFF THE INTERNET. I HAVE A COUPON HOLDER W/DIFFERENT SECTIONS FOR DEFF ITEMS.CEREAL, DRINKS, SOAP, ETC. I CK MY FOLDER BEFORE I GO FOR WHAT I'M GETTING & THE STORE BOOKLET WHERE I SHOP FOR THEIR SALES. I ALSO CHECK FOR BY1 GET 1 FREE AND TRY TO BY BY 2 GT 2 FREE IF I HAVE THE $. I WITH A COUPON ALSO. I GO TO DRUG STORES SOMETIMES TOO & USE THEIR COUPONS & MINE. I ALWAYS TAKE MY COUPON HOLDER WITH ME WHEN SHOPPING. SOUNDS LIKE A LOT BUT IT'S NOT, AND DOES SAVE A LOT OF $. MY MIL LAUGHED AT ME YRS AGO BUT I JUST LAUGHED BK WHEN I GOT MY $ BACK.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 1:47 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I have a binder like a Trapper Keeper (I know, I'm dating myself) that I put baseball card holder pages into. Then I put tabs on them and have them sorted into a lot of different sections. For example, there are always a ton of cereal or yogurt Q's, so they have their own tabs. Really, it's whatever works for you. If you know you use a lot of one category, give that a tab. On the weeks that I know there are a lot of good Q's (ones that I'll use), I might buy 6 papers. Staple them together and cut once. I clean out expired Q's about every other week, then file the new ones. I also use Publix, which honors competitor Q's and doubles Q's up to .50. If you match that with their BOGO deals, you can cut your bill in half. You can also "stack", using a manufacturer Q and a store Q on 1 item. I'm not sure where you live, but if it's in the south, check out southernsavers.com. If nothing else, look at their tutorials. Pretty good stuff
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 2:03 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I have a purse size accordian file. I file my coupons by grocery section. I spend the day before shopping clipping & sorting according to sales ads. I only use $1 or more (my stores always double) unless it is something that I regularly buy.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:59 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I don't have that many coupons to keep them organized.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 7:03 PM on Sep. 1, 2010