Does anyone know what the childsupport laws are? How much a parent would get on their childs behalf if the mother has the child full time and the father every other weekend?

teavaughn

Asked by teavaughn at 11:42 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• child support is a case by case basis, there is no standard answer
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:44 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I'm fairly certain it depends on how much each of the parents makes.
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 11:44 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• They base it on your income and his. It also varies by state so you should check with an attorney, or child support enforcement in your area. You can find them through your social services in the county you reside in.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:45 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I thought it was up to 20 or 30% of the non-custodial parents income...and must provide health insurance and pay half of all medical expenses.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 11:46 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• thank you, he makes very good money and i have been a stay at home mom and had planned on finishing my teaching degree in january.
    teavaughn

Comment by teavaughn (original poster) at 11:46 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• It varies from state to state and from case to case. I have seen guys quit their jobs because leagally they don't have to pay if they don't have and income!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:48 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I was a SAHM when I divorced and they based my "income" on a minimum wage job, and then his income, which was , at the time, about 4000.00/month . They called it a standard of living calculation.
    He's supposed to pay 650.00/month on 2 children, and provide health ins, which of course he doesn't, but that's how mine went. I'm in MO, btw...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:54 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I don't know if it varies from state to state or not, but when my husband divorced his ex, he was forced to pay child support based on his income and pay 51% of all medical bills.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:04 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• There is no "standard" answer to this question. It depends on a lot of different things.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 12:09 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• It varies from state to state.. But don't expect enough child support to allow you to continue to stay at home. You are going to need to go out and get a job since child support is for the child, not the parent.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2010