weird pressure in stomach towards bottom right!

im 21 weeks pregnant with twins! should i go to er?? and sometimes when im driving i get a weird sharp pain "down there"

mauricellaf

Asked by mauricellaf at 11:43 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• "its like a weird pressure like one of the babies is balled up there. " maybe that's exactly what it is. I know I get some weird pressure on my stomach and then I can feel my little one there and sometimes if I push on it she'll start to move around. (I'm only 31 weeks pregnant with my first, so my guess is as good as yours lol, but I figured it'd be nice to have some reassurance)
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 11:51 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I'd call your dr and ask, but it sounds like round ligament pain or just babys putting pressure down there. I'd say the sharp pain is most likely round ligament pain - I get that all the way through pregnancy and it's the first symptom I get , even before I can test! But again, any of these things should be run by your dr just in case it's a more serious problem.
    Hausermom

Answer by Hausermom at 11:50 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I would call your Dr office and see if they want you to come in (going to the ER is pretty expensive)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:48 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• do you have a fever? could be appendix... though I think that kind of pain is more along the lines of "excruciating" than "pressure"
    could be round ligament pain (which is really normal... just prop your feet up and drink some water- it tends to be triggered by over exertion)
    or it could be something really weird like I had about a month ago- baby put a kink in my colon that took 2 days to work itself out... I called my Dr on that one because it hurt so bad it took my breath away but I didn't have a fever so I knew it wasn't my appendix...
    all kinds of crazy things can happen when you're pregnant.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:47 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• its like a weird pressure like one of the babies is balled up there.
    mauricellaf

Comment by mauricellaf (original poster) at 11:49 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i called the nurse hotline and they said go to the er right away. i have medicaid so that covers the cost.
    mauricellaf

Comment by mauricellaf (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I'll be 19 wks tomorrow and I have had pressure pains since I was 16wks. I would rather be safe then sorry so I would call your ob.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 1:32 PM on Aug. 31, 2010