have any of you gotten the ok from your dr to travel at 34-35 weeks pregnant

i am asking my dr thursday just curious as to what theyll say. i have a wedding mid sept and my husband wants to stay bc he has leave, ill be through 34-35 weeks. the car ride is 6 hrs, which i make often bc thats where my family is, ive just never made it that pregnant lol

Kre10

Asked by Kre10 at 11:50 AM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My Doctor told me not to travel anymore than an hour away from the Hospital after Thirty Four weeks.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:52 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• ahhh okay, im expecting that but i also dont want to be alone for 2 weeks :(
    Kre10

Comment by Kre10 (original poster) at 11:53 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My husband's grandma died when I was 33 weeks pregnant. I didn't even ask my doctor. I figured that there would be a hospital on the way or near enough that we could find it if we needed. As long as you are not high risk, the you should be fine. My husband's aunt came for thanksgiving two weeks before her due date... it was a six hour drive. I personally wouldn't have, but she did.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:54 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• why would DH be away for 2 weeks for a wedding with a baby due any time?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:54 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Go if you want. Just know that if something happens you will need a plan..find a back up ob in the area and tell them the situation. You aren't flying sooooooo.........I trust my OB but you and I both know they want to get paid for the delivery! :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:56 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My doctor told me no further than 1 hour away after I reached 34 weeks as well.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:56 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i am high risk, but i dont have any appt for those 2 weeks, ill have went a day before we leave. but im not high risk for preterm reasons, my husband is in the military and hasnt seen the family in awhile, plus he isnt intending on going alone the plan was to take me, he already missed one of his siblings wedding this summer and now its his sisters
    Kre10

Comment by Kre10 (original poster) at 11:57 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• With my first two, I traveled until literally the week before I had them (I traveled a lot for work). I didn't have any complications, my doc said it was fine.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:58 AM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Depends, if your willing to have a baby without your doctor, in a area that you might know, but dont know the doctors, then go for it. But at the same time, if your high risk, & the doctors tell you not to go, then your hubby should leave you for two weeks. If he goes, he can go, visit & come back.

&& if he does leave for two weeks, you should find someone to stay with you, or somewhere you can go stay... You need to know that you have someone around in case things go wrong..

best of luck
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 12:00 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i hoping that they will see it that way bc they know i travel i was gone for 2 months during the summer and came back for 2 appts
    Kre10

Comment by Kre10 (original poster) at 12:00 PM on Aug. 31, 2010