What are ways to help improve the odds of having a boy?

i have a little girl already and i know there is no sure way to make sure you get a boy . so i want ways to inprove the odds :)

old wives takes
myths
something

scared19yrold

Asked by scared19yrold at 1:40 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I've heard that having sex at the end your fertile period helps with having a boy.
    the sperm that make females swim slower but live longer, boy sperm swim faster but die sooner. so you would want to have sex when they will reach the egg before dieing.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 1:57 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• i agree with pp. i also heard that same fact. they say to have sex the day before and the day of ovulation to better your chances of a boy. i am TTC in dec. and we want a boy really bad!! good luck! :)
    Anonymous

• * having sex on or near the beginning of your ovulation, the Y or male sperm will die off waiting for the egg if you have sex before your egg is released.
    * check your pH balance... the lower pH, the higher chance of a boy
    * Deeper penetration... the closer to the entrance of your vagina the more pH there is
    * Eating a high calorie diet around the time of conception
    * Have him climax first (which most likely isnt hard!)
    Hope these help....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Have sex the day your ovulate, or the day before or day after. I heard this from the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 6:53 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Have sex with my ex...lol j/k

I don't know of any legit tips, but I do know that the female swimmers out last the males..but the males are faster then the females. Good luck on ttc a boy!
    Kissybratzmom

Answer by Kissybratzmom at 10:06 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I agree with deep penetration, and I also heard somewhere too that he shouldn't pull out right after he's "done" have him keep it in as this minimizes oxygen kill off
    cjennifer81

Answer by cjennifer81 at 10:08 PM on Oct. 28, 2008