Im currently in a loveless relationship..not married..earlier this week i had an encounter with another man, someone whom i have know for quite some time, and we ended up sleeping together.. i know that i should be honest with my current partner, but im planning on leaving him anyway and he knows this...the other gentlement wants to continue seeing me, but i do not what to do...any advice??

I just need some advice about what to do in this situation that i am in..

panickymom73

Asked by panickymom73 at 1:41 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• Leave your man that you're with, don't tell him, it's just going to hurt him
    Anonymous

• I'm confused... your profile has this quote..

I am engaged to a wonderful man whom I have been with for over 2 years now. We are waiting for the right time to tie the knot because we have both tried marriage before and failed and dont want to fail again

Sorry you cannot have it both ways.. you need to make a decision and do it now before you see this other man again. If you want out of your current relationship then you must be honest and end it.
    Pat-S

Answer by Pat-S at 1:48 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I agree with Pat. You need to chose who you really want to be with. If you honestly do not want to be with your current beau, end it. Dont say anything about what happened between you and the other man. Youre leaving him, he doesnt need to know. On the other hand, if you decide to stay with your current man, he needs to know what happened. Reassure him you love him and did not mean to hurt him. You were confused, but are no longer. Cheating is never right, so make sure you make the right decision.
    stampmama

Answer by stampmama at 1:59 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• ''I am engaged to a wonderful man (why say this if obviously you are not happy) whom I have been with for over 2 years now. We are waiting for the right time to tie the knot because we have both tried marriage before and failed and dont want to fail again. Most of my friends would say that I am dependable, honest, straight forward, respectful(obviously you are NONE of these things if you CHEAT and LIE), and like to get all these things in return (You do NOT deserve these things in return b/c you do NOT show them). You have a lot of issues my dear. You should have tried to work things out before going and sleeping around. That is so ridiculus.

Anonymous

• well i wouldn't be with any man right now. i think you should get your head on straight and learn to appreciate who you are without one validating you. why be with either. don't tell your partner if your leaving anyway. women often feel they need to be with someone and be honest do you? if the answer is yes then you know what to do. not have any.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:08 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Just be careful not to end up in a situation where you are confused and torn between the two men. I say go ahead and leave the current relationship, but take it slow getting involved in the new one. You need to give it time to get over the first one.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 2:26 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Oh and I wouldn't tell your current partner about the new one....what's the point, it would only cause problems I'm sure you don't want to deal with. The only way I'd tell him is if you decided to try to work things out and stay together.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• If your current partner already knows you want to leave, then just leave. Simple as that.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:34 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Leave your man that you're with, don't tell him, it's just going to hurt him !!!
    mom2girliegirls

Answer by mom2girliegirls at 2:39 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• ok, Anonymous, that was HARSH!!! You should not judge anyone since I doubt you are perfect!! (hmmm...you stay anonymous because you are afraid to say anything in the open...what does that say about YOU "my dear"??)

Anyway, PanickyMom, if you really think you wanna leave you should. I have been in these sitautions and they rarely get better. Sounds like you have been with him long enough to know him well and what you know is not enough. Do not tell him about the indiscretion. That was just a reaction to your unhappiness anyway. My advice to you would be to stay out of ALL relationships for awhile. Be single, get your head on straight, get to know yourself and your true wants. Then you can make a better decision for yourself. Good luck!!!
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 3:31 PM on Oct. 11, 2008