Help!!! personal problem.... adult content

I had my period a week and half ago I went to the hospital and then came home and the next morning I was bleeding now I'm bleeding a lot and its painful but I called my dr and he ust shrugged it off even though I tried saying the clots are big he told me to wait till It gets worse (idk if it can get worse) or wait for my follow up appointment which they havent scheduled for me yet and I call everyday. What do you think could be wrong??

Btw im anemic and have a cyst but doubt that is related.

butterfly3206

Asked by butterfly3206 at 12:07 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Health

• If your doctor won't see you right away, go to an urgent care or ER. Such bleeding can indicate the need for a D & C because of an unusually thick uterine lining shedding, can be related to the cyst, also a possible ectopic pregnancy that could have been missed if they only did the ultrasound of the uterus, or molar pregnancy (a tumor that tricks the body into thinking you are pregnant. It needs to be evaluated. That much blood flow, especially with anemia, is not normal (well, except occassionally in premenopausal women- but it needs interevention even then!)
    mamahobbit

Answer by mamahobbit at 1:18 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Oh, I just read your second posting.
    If you really are bleeding that heavily, I would ignore what your doctor is saying and just go into the emergency room. Better to be safe than sorry. If youre concerned, really...just go on in..if it turns out to be nothing, well at least your mind will be set at ease.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I think I would have a second opinion because obviously your doctor doesn't know a serious inquiry when they hear one. Call another local GYN and ask to be seen and explain the problem. That isn't normal.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:18 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Butterfly could you clarify your question? Are you pregnet or having a heavy period? Im not sure what exactly your asking.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 12:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• sorry I'm not pregnant The hospital took a pregnancy test AND did an ultrasound to check my cyst im baby free inside me..but I already had my period this month and seems like I'm having another one but its really heavy like a waterfall of blood I cant sleep I cant move it gets everywhere. and there are clots in it as well.
    butterfly3206

Comment by butterfly3206 (original poster) at 12:12 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• It could be endometriosis.

Do you have these symptoms:
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/endometriosis/DS00289/DSECTION=symptoms
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 12:12 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• If you think youre having a miscarriage...you'd have to fill up at least one pad per hour if not more.
    If youre having an unusually bad period...try taking some midol or tylenol, a warm shower and then relaxing for awhile.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:13 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Have you changed birth control lately? Has anything in your lifestyle changed?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:13 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• no just being in the hospital...Im not pregnant havent been for over a year now. so no miscarriage just weird that im having 2 random heavy periods in the same month. The stress of me being in the hospital could of been apart of it
    butterfly3206

Comment by butterfly3206 (original poster) at 12:15 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I think it is EXACTLY what mamhobbit said. Find another OBGYN ASAP.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:24 PM on Aug. 31, 2010