Medical Assistant?

I've been looking a lot lately into becoming a Medical Assistant. Unfortunately the only schools around where I live that offer that program are the vocational schools, and it's about $18,000 for the full program.

My question is this... I dont really know if i want to become a nurse or not... and I really would like to be ready to work by the time my son starts kindergarten next fall (about a year from now but he wont be in school full time for another year after that.)

I know LPN's are being phased out (or that's what i've been hearing a lot) so I dont know if it's worth it to go that route or not? Im leaning towards the MA because I guess if i dont like the nursing part of it I can stick with the front office stuff. But if I do the LPN and dont like it what else can I do?

Basically Im jsut very confused (can you tell) so any info from anyone in these positions would be extremely helpful! thanks!

23wkrmommy

Asked by 23wkrmommy at 12:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Money & Work