Non-diary, non-soy formula?

My 3 mo daughter has ezsma and is very sensitive to what i eat, ie: milk, tofu etc. and i am looking to get some alone time with my husband but i cant pump and cant give her any formula with any soy or dairy in it. Do you know of any formula the is dairy and soy free? Preferably organic? Please help! Thanks

Allisonmoymoy

Asked by Allisonmoymoy at 12:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What have you tried so far as pumping goes?

There is hypoallergenic formula (not organic at all... probably the furthest thing from "natural" you can get)... it still has dairy proteins, but they're broken down into much smaller bits. You can also make a "formula" from chicken stock... I wouldn't expect her to drink it, though! lol...

I think the bigger issue will be introducing something new to her digestive system while she's still so young. ANY formula will throw her system off balance and destroy the gut flora she's now developing (which contributes to allergies and eczema,etc....).

How much time are you looking for? To go out to dinner? Because you can do that no problem... just feed her right before leaving and limit yourself to 3 hours or so. She'll wait to eat until you get home. You'll get more time as she gets older... it passes so fast!
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:44 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• This seems like a question for your pediatrician. Maybe there's a prescription formula that meets most of your criteria, although I doubt there will be an organic one. I highly DON'T recommend freakin' chicken stock for a 3 month old, holy hell, lol.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 2:28 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• elecare....its hypallergenic and has no soy or milk products in it....my dd is on it for severe reflux....its something they can give thorugh feeding tubes also so its very gentle
    maddie12284

Answer by maddie12284 at 3:36 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• nutramigen (it does have a bit of soy) its expensive but it works my 7mo old has the same issues and the place to get the best price is diapers.com (we broke it down to the penny)
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 10:00 PM on Aug. 31, 2010