60 pounds of potato--- need recipes

Neighbor just gave me 60 pounds of potato, they will keep for three months as is.

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 12:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Potato soup! =)
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I like to fry them up with eggs and bacon
    adakbride

Answer by adakbride at 12:19 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• wow that's a lot of potato! Baked potatoes, soups, shepherds pie, chicken pot pie.

I like to make mashed potatoes and then in a large skillet I fry up some ham steak and veggies (frozen or whatever i have on hand) then I add some worstershire sauce and the seasonings i feel like adding at the time mix it all into the mashed potatoes and mix in whatever cheese I have on hand. Then we usually put a little ranch on top of our individual servings. My husband loves it he says it's the best thing ever lol. I call it skillet shepherds pie since it tastes sort of similar.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 12:21 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, make taquitos with them mmmmm....
    French fries. have a potatoey day...lol GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:24 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Potatoe soup

Baked potatoes.....you can add all kinds of things to this to make it more like a meal. brocolli and cheese, bacon, etc
    with left over baked potatoes you can make fried potatoes then, like cube them and fry them

Shred them and make a casserole with cheese, would have to look up exact recipes for your liking

Mashed potatoes, with left over mashed potatoes you can make potato cakes, just add egg, bread crumbs, seasonings and fry them in a little oil

Are you keeping them in your basement where it is cool and dark? My grandparents still have a potato cellar room in their basement.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 12:27 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Lefse! That stuff is yummy!

You can also can them.

Or soak them in water, shred them and freeze them for hash browns later.

you can also make and preserve soups with them.

zoeysmom331

Answer by zoeysmom331 at 12:28 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• You could make baked potato day a weekly event where you get out all of the leftovers and everyone can do up there baked potato with their favorite leftovers. That way it's a little different each week, and you get to use up leftovers too
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 12:29 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Potato soup, oven fries, hot German potato salad (combine with kielbasa or smoked sausage chunks for a main dish), mashed potatoes, fried potatoes, baked potatoes, potato pancakes, hash browns, pierogies.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:33 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Mashed potatoes (which you can use to top Shepherd's pie)
    potato pancakes (takes about 3 lbs to make 12 pancakes, enough for 4 people)
    hash browns
    home fries
    french fries
    baked potatoes (which you can top w/ all kinds of yummy things)
    roast potatoes w/ garlic and olive oil
    hasselback potatoes (slice crosswise about 3/4 of the way through, stuff each slice w/ a thin slice of butter, wrap in foil and bake)
    Pioneer Woman potatoes (dice, toss into foil packet w/ milk or cream, butter and herbs, then bake - comes out as a cross between baked and mashed potatoes)
    jalapeno bites (thinly slice potatoes, add a ring of jalapeno and press potato slices together and fry in hot oil)
    soups and stews
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:36 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Egads, I buy a 5 lb bag of potatoes and half the time those go to waste, LOL.

My MIL makes a variation of potato salad, that's a cross between potato salad and mashed potatoes. She mashes the potatoes, but she adds in the stuff that you would use for potato salad (mayo, celery, onions, etc) and serves it cold. It's interesting.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:13 PM on Aug. 31, 2010