How long did your c-section surgery last?

Mine was only about 15 mins and then they had the baby out and on the elevator down to the nursery. We've been waiting to hear the news on my sister and she has been in there for 35 mins now. Just getting nervous.

moviemom22

Asked by moviemom22 at 12:20 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It only takes 10-15 minutes to get the baby out, but another 20-25 to sew everything back up. My babies didn't leave the OR until I did.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 12:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• about 20 minutes until they got ds out and had him in the nursery. i had dh make sure nobody held the baby except him...maybe she wanted nobody to see the baby until she got out. or maybe they keep the baby in the room...? it was about an hour and a half for them to finish closing me up and all...she should be fine, and congrats on being an aunty!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:27 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• In my case, my husband held my son until I was sewn up. So, it was almost an hour before I even really got to hold my son. He had to go to the NICU because he had fluid in his lungs (which is common with c-sections), but my family got to see him first. I wouldn't worry.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:31 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I think mine was about 20 minutes. Maybe they havent started yet.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 12:45 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• It took me a while. They had to d put pic line in my neck, cut, staple, etc. And then it was another 2 hours before anyone could see me or Carson (besides DH) cause i had to satey in the recovery unit for 2 hours. I also didnt want anyone to hold or see him besides DH until i did..lol..
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:45 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My last one was super fast. From first cut to sewed up was like 25 minutes. That doesn't include the time to get the spinal in and get things set up which was another 10 minutes.
    It was my fastest of the 5. My last one before that took much longer. It took almost 20 minutes just to get the spinal in and then the baby came quick (about 10 minutes from first cut) but it took over 30 minutes to sew me up because of the scar tissue (it was my 4th c-section). I think the first 4 averaged about 45 minutes for the surgery not including the prep stuff in the OR or recovery.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• mine took 58mins..
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 9:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2010