Do you have a wierd phobia or silly "tick"

I'm not afraid of water, but I hate to get my hands wet. It takes me convincing myself to put my hands in the water to wash dishes or check the temp of bath water. It's a strange tick I've had for as long as I can remember. Also, my real phobia is of balloons. I went to sonic the other day and they were giving away balloons with kids' meals. I nearly had a heart attack when the girl brought them out to us. I said That is the only thing that will make me go ghetto, if my kids want balloons, they are walking home. And I don't even open buscuits because I'm terrified of the POP. If no one is home to help me, I cover one ear with my hand and push my shoulder up against the other while I use two fingers to shake the wrapper off. This is so stupid. Any of you have dorky things that get in the way of everyday life? This should be fun !!!

TexasStyle

Asked by TexasStyle at 2:04 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Just for Fun

• My number is 5...i have to do things in fives...like i can't be on the treadmill for 25:57min or whatever,even if i'm done w/that mile, i have to keep going until i'm at an even min. I count when i walk,when i change the channel,and when i'm going up stairs....etc. I hate my elbows to be touched, it freaks me out and i have to rub it on something until the shiverey feeling leaves. I can't touch elbows either, same thing happens, i have to rub my hand. I'm seriously Clourophobic,deathly afraid of clowns, i've had many melt downs b/c of the stupid circus! I cannot help but correct someone when they misuse a word or speak incorrectly, which is weird b/c i could care less about typing errors. And LISTS i have to make lists for everything,then makes over those lists,and make more lists off of those lists...i just have to do that or i get so frazzled. So yeah in a shortened down version....i'm a MESS! LOL
    Jessimica

Answer by Jessimica at 5:12 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I hate odd numbers. If something is odd, i have to find a way to make it even. I count stairs when i walk on them. If theyre an odd number, i take a double step to make it even. I count the amount of sips i take when i drink something and i always make sure that i take an even amount of sips. The volume on the t.v. has to be a multiple of 5. Like it cant be 22, it has to be either 20 or 25. Nothing in between or i go nuts.
    stampmama

Answer by stampmama at 2:07 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I do the EXACT same thing. I HAVE to stop the microwave in incroments of 5. The t.v. volume also. Odd numbers are definately a tick of mine. LOL. I'm glad someone else does this too. It drives my hubby NUTTS. When I play basketball with my son, I bounce the ball a total of 3 times. I say "5" and bounce 6,7,8 and then shoot. This is so ridiculous.
    TexasStyle

Answer by TexasStyle at 2:12 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I get ridiculously grossed out when people wad up their plastic straw wrappers and leave them on the table. Or when there's a speck or food or sugar or salt on the table. I feel myself staring at it...like it's going to jump up and bite me or something haha! I HATE IT when people dab their fingers in sugar and then lick their fingers, GROSS!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:39 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I have the same Problem with Odd numbers!! And the volume on my T.V. has to be in incroments of 5 as well... Oh and anything on my hands.. I am constantly washing them to make sure nothing is on them.. I'm afraid of getting something in my eyes or my mouth or something...
    babybones87

Answer by babybones87 at 2:48 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Gosh, I wish I had your fear babybones =D I bite my fingernails and don't wash my hands as much as I should xD
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:21 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I used to count to ten as I pour things. Pouring milk into a glass, I count to 10. I don't like to touch raw chicken, if I do, I put gloves on. I am sure that there other things I do... but I can't think of them.
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 4:07 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Oh raw chicken is so gross! It's all slimy and crap eww *shudder*
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:27 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Washing my hands.... I do it A LOT and then wonder sometimes why they are dry and peeling... I guess I should adopt the lotion habit after washing, huh? Andddd...... I still place my utensils in a perfectly straight line on a napkin on the table, and the napkin has to be perfectly lined up with the edge of the table and the end of the utensils have to be perfectly lined up on the edge of the napkin. We're all weird.... whew! I feel better about us! LOL OHHH and the worst is to see anyone, anytime, anywhere, put any kind of paper in their mouth ........ I will bury my face and start to gag every time!
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 4:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• stampmama: I love you! You are the first person I've ever seen who has that same OCD. It just cracks my husband up because I can walk and, without looking at the ground, know which foot has crossed over the most cracks, and I have to even it out. When I leave a tip, it has to even out the total...for example, if the bill is $19.97, then my tip is $3.03 (just as an example).

I also have a particular spoon and fork that I "prefer". I won't eat hardly anything that's been in my fridge more than a day or two. I don't want corn *in* anything. Corn is fine, by itself, but never in anything. Oh, and I don't want the foods on my plate touching. Especially corn. :)
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 5:35 PM on Oct. 11, 2008