My Ex calls all the time...

My Ex and I broke up over a year ago, and he never used to call at all about our son. He just sees him every other weekend. Recently, he started dating someone and now calls at least 5 times a day, and texts me. Am I wrong or is this a little excessive? I've always called him and let him know if our son was sick or if i was doing something different with him. He never had any interest until now...

BradensMom1026

Asked by BradensMom1026 at 12:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• Eek. Well it's his relationship funeral. I wouldn't answer though. Maybe text back once or twice but tell him you have a life and you don't have time to sit around answering all of his calls.
    ajbrownies

Answer by ajbrownies at 12:40 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• does he want to look like a good parent?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:27 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• He has to impress the new girlfriend. Hopefully she will help him see how much he should be involved with his child. I would tell him one or two calls a day should be sufficient though and that you will not answer a third, fourth or fifth one.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:27 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Are you sure it's him texting & not his new love interest? Unless it's important, try ignoring some of the calls/texts. That is a bit much. I don't even talk to my husband that much throughout the day!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:28 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Sounds like he is trying to impress the new girlfriend. I would call him out on it and tell him he can call once a day and that's it. That is more than enough to be a good parent.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 12:30 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• His new girlfriend has tried contacting me, they just started dating like a month ago, an she's already met my son, I think that is way to early to introduce a girlfriend to your child.
    And yes, I think he is trying to impress in girlfriend, but its just making her jealous, and makes her think he wants me back, which he probably does.
    BradensMom1026

Comment by BradensMom1026 (original poster) at 12:31 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I have told him that, and I've asked his girlfriend not to contact me, they've already broke up twice and gotten back together, mind you... It's complete drama, and I don't want anything to do with it. I've been dating my boyfriend for 6 months, and never once have I gotten him in the middle of anything. We have a good relationship and he has just recently met my son, and it went very well.
    BradensMom1026

Comment by BradensMom1026 (original poster) at 12:47 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Maybe the new girlfriend is making him change? Or he is just trying to make a good impression?

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 2:20 PM on Aug. 31, 2010