potty training how to show??

alot of moms say let him see u go potty.... if i grunt for #2 he will grunt to but he still doesnt try to... or if i say ahhh for #1 he says it but doesnt get it... how to i get him to see me go potty??? the only thing he is potty trained for is the tub cause daddy pees in the tub for a shower so he has to do it too... ( SO HOW DO I SHOW HIM HOW TO PEE ON THE POTTY) even more confusing #2 :~(

navywifemomkoch

Asked by navywifemomkoch at 2:06 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We are going through that right now at my house. Bella is 22 months and I can tell when she is going to pee or poop, she gets really still and if she has to poop, she goes and hides. We make a big deal of it "Let's hurry to the potty!!!" and sit her on the potty and she will usually go. I think at first, you have to catch them right when they are starting to do something. You didn't say how old your DS is, but I know I tried to potty train Bella a few months ago and it wasn't working. She'd sit on the potty and not do anything. She'd watch me, know I was peeing and still wouldn't do it. With her, I just had to wait until she was ready.
    Mizzjos

Answer by Mizzjos at 9:36 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I let Samuel sit on his potty and read him a ton of books while letting him drink a bottle of water... he thought it was pretty cool when he peed. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 9:41 PM on Oct. 11, 2008