what should i use to get my hair blonde?

i have a medium brown color on my hair now and i would like to have it blonde the color of avril lavinges hair, i was told that i shouldnt use bleach but i cant just put a color on it, cuz that would b a waste of money cuz it wouldnt b the color i wanted it. neway have ne of u had to deal w. this? please i need advice.

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 12:34 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Go to a salon and have a professional do it, doing it at home will only turn it orange.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 12:36 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Ummmmm wow. How about a professional? You put color on that I guarrantee you will be orange. You put bleach on there by yourself you'll have an even bigger mess. Go to a professional or just don't do it! Please!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:37 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• get it done professionaly, thats the best way to go blonde.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:48 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I agree with them, it takes alot to change from a brown to blonde. It goes through alot of stages to get where you want it. you might not even reach the color you want in the first visit. but the only way to get your brown hair blonde is to bleach it. there is different kinds of bleach, for different tones of hair..so be careful if you decide to do it yourslef..or you will have to have a color correction which will be alot of money.
    Brittney20

Answer by Brittney20 at 1:26 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• You can try Ultra Blonde hair dye, I haven't gone blonde in awhile so I'm not sure which brands come out really blonde anymore. I've bleached my hair plenty of times with no problems except that it does burn a bit on the scalp.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 3:06 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• PLEASE go to a salon..

if you do it at home, you'll have to decolorize it. and then you are looking at anything from a calico cat orange and blond look to possibly overprocessing to the point of it falling out if you have no idea what you are doing (and unless you've at least gone to beauty school, you don't).

Not to mention that you won't know what toners to use once you finally get to a level 9 or 10.. and you are talking baby blond.. so youll need a toner definitely..

so yes, please go to a salon..

or don't, and risk having to go to one for color correction and pay double.. the choice is yours. (it'd be more money in my pocket if you do it yourself, because then you'll need correction, plus a protien treatment for sure.. probably would want some good shampoo/conditioner too for that over processed hair... so make that close to triple)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:46 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• better go to a salon.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 11:58 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Go to a salon or your hair could turn orange or even fall out!!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:39 AM on Sep. 1, 2010