To the moms that have had their tubes tied

What was your experience with that?

treynlisa

Asked by treynlisa at 12:40 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Health

• They did mine while I had my c-section. I dont know what kind of info you are looking for tho...
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 12:41 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Best thing I ever did! I am always getting preg! I have four kids and have been preg 6 times. My husband and I knew it was right because the last time we aited on him to get a vasectomy I was preg again!lol So I had it done right after delivery. It was a little rough the first few days, but over all I'm pretty happy with it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:43 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I am thinking about having mine done when I have this last one. I have heard after my period could be a lot heavier with a lot of cramping. I really do not want to have that.
    treynlisa

Comment by treynlisa (original poster) at 12:43 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• You will no longer need OC, so naturally your periods will be heavier. No pill, a heavier period. So many blame the BTL for heavy periods when in fact they are having normal periods. They just don't remember what a normal period is supposed to be like. Make a decision>>Normal periods the way a woman's body should have them, or no more fears of unwanted pregnancy. You can always continue with an OC for lighter periods even after the procedure.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 12:53 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I had mine after my c-section too. I haven't experienced ''heavier'' periods though....or cramping. My periods are the same as they've always been.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 1:52 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I had mine done when I had my 3rd child-- he was a scheduled c-section. As for my periods/cramping I did notice they were a bit heavier and I did have cramping--- but that is what they were like when I started with periods way back before I ever used a birth control.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:29 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Google PTLS. It is real and many women suffer from it. This as well as the failure rate for tubal ligations and vasectomies is why I had Essure done instead. It is the ONLY sterilization procedure to have ZERO pregnancies in clinical trials.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 2:33 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I HAVE NOT HAD IT DONE. BUT A PERSON CLOSE TO ME SAID THAT IT WAS AWFUL. BUT SHE ALSO SAID THAT HER DOCTOR HAD NOT PREPARED HER FOR THE PAIN THAT HE KNEW THAT SHE WOULD BE IN
    CAMERONSMOM24

Answer by CAMERONSMOM24 at 1:32 PM on Sep. 4, 2010