Work is stressing us out.

My boyfriend recently got a promotion (2 months ago), and acquired new departments on top of the one he was originally promoted to. Since the promotion,he has been stressed, and has not been very physically affectionate with me since that time. I have told him that he is treating me differently, and he apologizes, saying he doesn't mean to act the way he does, and that it has nothing to do with me. I though, feel like a failure as a girlfriend. Should I take this personally?

countrygirl1987

Asked by countrygirl1987 at 12:49 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• He just seems overwhelmed right now. Maybe just let him know you're there for him, and things will get a little easier. Tell him how you're feeling, and then also make sure you let him know how much you appreciate his hard work. Sometimes that makes all the difference.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:54 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• No, he might have too much on his mind right now. I would just let the dust settle. Im sure he will return to his old self soon enough.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 1:06 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• it is not your job to be able to fix everything in his life for him, and thus you are not a failure as a girlfriend. do your best to be supportive and understanding without expecting that to make everything better. it will change - he will adjust. as of now you are simply adding to his stress with additional expectations on how he should react to you.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 3:50 PM on Aug. 31, 2010