How to make and keep friends while still being Mom??

This is extra hard for me because I am in school so I already feel like I am gone all day. Alot of friends I meet at school dont want to just sit around somewhere while I chase my toddler either...

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 12:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• tell me about! im 23 and newly single and have NO friends except for my son.
    let me know when you figure it out.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:52 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Find friends that are other moms. This will greatly help your situation, because all they'd rather do is sit and converse while watching kids from afar. Also, finding online friends can be good as well, because then on your downtime you can chat them up on Messenger and not have to worry about it. There are kidless people who don't mind sitting around while you chase kids, but unfortunately it's few and far between. That's why I suggest befriending mom's (or dad's) who know what precious time is to be out with friends, or to chat over coffee while the kid naps.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:55 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• When my children were little, my best friend was a gal I talked to on the phone every day. She ran an in-home daycare and we kept each other sane. We very seldom saw each other much less did anything together, but she always knew she could call me and I, her. We are wonderful friends even to this day.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:55 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• That as been a struggle for me too. I have had to move because of military we finally are settled and bought a house. I still have no friends. Everyone around here has basically grew up together and arent looking for new friends. I truly mean it when I say to my dh youare my best friend ( cause I dont have anyone else.lol
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:56 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i know exactly what you mean. but thank goodness one of my friends also has kids, so we just arrange play dates. (around once or twice a year) it's not possible for me to leave the house without my little rugrats. it's all part of being a mommy. it's normal for your social life to disintegrate once you have kids. it sucks, but it is what it is.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 12:58 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Look for toddler groups...where's there's toddlers there's moms!
    GoodGriefWoman

Answer by GoodGriefWoman at 1:06 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Look for a mom group or toddler group.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 2:19 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• If your friends want to stay friends with you, they they will put up with you chasing your toddler and give chase too. Otherwise, you only lost a fair weather friend which is no friend at all. But like others have said, make new friends, meet with other moms and forge new connections.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 3:24 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Ladies! you must allways make time for self ,two ways meet moms with kids and have a day out , or pick a day or two for yourself and our friends but make sure you have someone you trust to watch your babies.its really not hard but you have to want to make time for self remember "change nothing then nothing changes" you choose
    pyrofyterwife

Answer by pyrofyterwife at 3:28 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• If you figure it out, please let me know!
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 6:49 PM on Aug. 31, 2010