Are you and your kids going to be getting the flu shot this year?

They've already started talking about the upcoming flu season on the news here.
I have never had a flu shot, I've never had my kids get a flu shot and dh has never had a flu shot either.
We won't be doing it this year either.
What are your thoughts about getting the flu shot?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 12:54 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Health

• No, it is way too toxic. Some studies suggest that it can cause Altzhiemers. We've never had the shot and never had the flu. Some say that after an illness children get a growth spurt.
    jpa63

Answer by jpa63 at 12:56 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Kyra will be getting it. It has it's risks, but the benefits are better for her with her other health issues. I won't be getting one. It never fails, whether I get a shot or not, I always get sick. I see no point in causing the momentary pain and spending the money if I'm just gonna get sick anyway :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:58 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• nope. it doesn't guarantee he won't get the flu anyway. He has had some bad reactions to vaxs in the past,so no shots that are not necessary.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:56 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yes. Our employers both provide them for free as well does our school system. So between the 3 choices, we will all be getting vaccinations.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 12:59 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• yes i will be getting mine. i will see when the season gets on its way to give it to my dd. it has never affected me and it did not affect her last year and i got it when i was pregnant and never got sick. i work in healthcare and i need to be vaccinated for that fact anyways.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 1:05 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Absolutely not.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 1:08 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I am not sure yet. My Son is starting Pre School so I may get it for him ????, but I have never gotten the flu shot. I heard that the flu shot available now has the H1N1 vaccine in it as well as the regular flu vaccine. That is what I saw at the Drug Store for Adults, I don't know if it is the same vaccine that they are giving children though.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:09 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• No. We have never gotten the flu shot. I have only had the flu once and while I had it, neither of kiddos got it. We are generally pretty healthy.
    christy_lvr

Answer by christy_lvr at 1:13 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Nope. My husband and oldest have asthma but we still refuse. Ever since my husband started refusing the flu vaccine he hasn't gotten the flu.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 2:32 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Nope. Never.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 3:29 PM on Aug. 31, 2010