What would you do if your SIL wanted to be with DH on R&R just the two of them?

We have spent almost everyday with my SIL and her husband and even went out of town for a weekend together. SIL insisted on DH to spend a night out with them without me becuase i had a bad day the day before . DH explained that he wanted to be with me but she got upset and still doesnt understand and now basically his whole family is even more against me. Im offended and tired of his family but i know how much they mean to him. I just need advice on how to deal or tell them to back off or something. PLEASE HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• That is weird. Atleast your husband is saying no and standing his ground with them. Sounds like they are trying to create a wedge between you. I would avoid them until they get the hint.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:58 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Sounds to me like they look for excuses not to like you. Sounds like my ILs! Using your DH as the rope in their little tug-o-war. I would talk to your DH and HE needs to talk to them; it's HIS family....
    GoodGriefWoman

Answer by GoodGriefWoman at 1:00 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I would tell hubby that I really wanted to spend some time alone with him, and then I would let him tell them of his decision. Sometimes, the worst thing we can do is try to handle the in-laws ourselves. They are his family, so he should be the one to deal with them. You just encourage him in ways that will make him have the courage to stand up to them.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:01 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i say that if they want to be with your husband then they have to accept that you be there. it's your husbands choice to go or not go but i think he is doing the right thing by standing by you and i think you should support his decision and realize that they just have to learn and see that the only way this will work is they have to learn to accept you.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:02 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Thats weird. Maybe she wants to talk to him about something that she dosent want you to know about. I would just ignore them and keep my distance when possible. He is beside you and that is a plus, let him deal with them.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 1:03 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• What is the reason they want to distance themselves from you. I'd figure that out and try to make amends or stay away if they are being unreasonable.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 1:13 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I think your DH needs to stand up for himself and tell them to back off.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:37 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• avoid them and tell ur husband to stand up and be a man
    michelle34231

Answer by michelle34231 at 2:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• You hubby is the one that needs to tell them to back off, if you end up telling them that it's just going to make the situation worse.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 2:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Define "bad day"? If your behavior or health was such that they were concerned and wanted to have an evening out unencumbered, I don't think that means they HATE you. I don't understand why your DH can't go out with people without you. But I do commend him for staying home if that's what he wanted to do. Sounds like he supports you. So where's the problem here?
    BuddyRoo

Answer by BuddyRoo at 2:29 PM on Aug. 31, 2010