Recipes for Home made chicken strips/nuggets?

Thinking of making some tonight for the kids. Using boneless & skinless chicken breast. Ive never made my own before.. So, anyone have a good recipe that theyre willing to share?! Thanks ladies :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Food & Drink

• My kids love this recipe! The fast food chicken strips don't even compare.

Chicken strips

2 lbs. chicken breast, sliced into strips.

Sauce: 4 eggs, 1/3 c. water, 1 cup Louisiana hot sauce (the strips are NOT spicy hot), 1 1/2 tsp salt, 1 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, 1/4 tsp garlic powder.

Dredging mix: 2 c. all purpose flour, 1 Tbsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt.

Dip chicken strips into sauce, then into flour mixture. Fry a few pieces at a time (depends on the size of your fryer) until they are done, takes about 3-4 minutes.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 2:12 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• There is a good recipe that I found on a box of Corn Flake Crumbs. I don't have it anymore but I remember that it was a hit with my kids.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 1:08 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I simply cut the chicken breasts into strips, roll them in a mixture of flour, with a little garlic, a little paprika, a little salt & pepper mixed in, and then fry them.
    Honestly, usually I top it with the Hooter's Wing Sauce from the grocery store for me & DH, and my little one eats them with no sauce! But they go over really well at my house!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 1:08 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I don't have a recipe per se, but I use ground up corn flakes as the coating. Sometimes I had parmesan cheese or Mrs. Dash to give it some extra flavoring.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:09 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Oh and then I bake them in the oven.
    thatgirl70

• I dip uncooked chicken strips into a beaten egg, and then roll them in a bowl of seasoned bread crumbs. I can't remember how long I bake them for. Maybe the oven at 350 for 30 min? Don't hold me to that, but you could probably look it up easy enough.

Anyway, my family LOVES when I do this chicken and it's practically the simplest thing in the world.
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 1:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Cut boneless chix breast into strips. Coat w/ Ritz crackers, salt & pepper or whatever seasonings you like. Fry in a pan w/ a little olive oil & butter. Easy & yummy ;)
    DIanels74

Answer by DIanels74 at 1:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Panko crumbs are excellent for this. Dip in flour, egg, then panko. I season the panko with garlic and onion powder and paprika some salt.. They are crispy and awesome. I deep fry ine or pan fry with oil if I'm not making a lot of them.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 1:17 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• This is the best recipe I've tried so far for breaded and fried chicken strips or nuggets, and I have tried a new recipe just about everytime I've made them. It took me this long to find one that I really liked. it's at Pioneer Woman, of course.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 5:48 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Cut it in pieces, coat with seasoned flour, put garlic powder, pepper, parsley or whatever in your flour to coat chicken heat oil in pan to 375 and dip floured pieces in beaten egg right before you drop in 1 1/2 inches of hot oil. Fry till golden brown. Its that easy and very tasty.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:17 PM on Aug. 31, 2010