Why does my MIL keep saying DH needs to get a vasectomy?!

DH is 22, I'm 20. We just had our first baby in feb. 2010. She has said this a couple times earlier this year. This time me and her were just talking about my son since i was freaked out he fell for the first time and cried. And she says that I shouldnt have anymore kids since im freaked out that my son fell off the bed. Then she says that my DH should get a vasectomy and that she was going to tell him to get one... WTF!!?? IN LAWS SUCK!

ATREESAP

Asked by ATREESAP at 1:07 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• I would tell her its none of herb buisness and you wont be coming around if she continues to tell you how to run your life.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 1:08 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I guess she feels you 2 are irresponsible and/or immature

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:08 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Tell her to go get a vesectomy if she's so worried about it! hahaaha! Made you smile!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• wow ya none of her business at all!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:12 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Wow! That sure came from left field! What on earth would make someone say something that is soooo none of their busiess! Of course a new mom is gonna freak a little when their child gets hurt. I used to blame myself when my 1st born got a sniffle. I tought I must've done something wrong if my child got sick! It's normal. By the time you have another, you begin to realize kids fall & get scrapes, bruises, etc., & yes, they even get sick. But to suggest you should just give up on more children at your young age is just ridiculous. If she says it again, thank her for her opinion, & change the subject. No need for an all-out war w/ your child's g-ma. (Just ignore her when she says outrageous things like that.)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Wow, what a bitch!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:24 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• She's telling you that because of your reaction to your son getting hurt?
    She evidentially thinks that you should know how to react and handle every situation perfectly since you gave birth. Which is ridiculous, because nobody knows exactly what to do or how to react to certain thing when they have their first. Your MIL needs to mind her own business and stop butting in.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:33 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• WOW, ya'll are young, ya'll dont need to be worried about that for awhile, Unless you can't have anymore kids for a medical reason. Even if you only want one now, Id still wait because you could change your mind at any point. as for her saying something like that. Id be upset too.

Of course everything little thing that happens to your child, you are going to get upset over. Your a first time mommy. My sons five & I still worry. & "freak" out. Its a sign of a caring mommy... thats a good thing in my book.

next time just tell her that she is out of line & you really do not like talking about such things with her... You get that shes his mom & everything, but that is something private between you & Your hubby.... Its not like she's the one that would get pregnant....
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 1:35 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• If you had a bunch of kids that you couldn't feed I could see someone saying this.

However, sounds like she is controlling. My SIL told me something similar about my DH. We don't have any kids together, only two from his previous marriage. It really hurt my feelings, but I think it was more that she wanted to be in control of her brother and having kids with me is something she could not control.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 2:24 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• she's a bitch, plain and simple. you shouldn't have any more kids because it upset you that your child fell? even though it's not likely to cause alot of damage, the reality is it can, and certainly as a first time parent she was overly concerned about her children - or maybe she was always an insensitive bitch. don't give it a second thought - it's not like you want parenting tips from someone that would say that stupid shit to their child or child-in-law...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 3:42 PM on Aug. 31, 2010