Will you or anyone in your family get a Flu shot this year?

Courtney610

Asked by Courtney610 at 1:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Health

• Maybe my husband if his work does them for free

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• nope, none of us will
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Absolutely not.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 1:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Nope, the one and only time I ever got the flu shot I got really really sick and ended up in urgent care with an IV. I refuse to get that shot, or the H1N1 shot, or any of those kinds of shots. Yes, I have had the flu with out the shot, but it was something that took two to four days to get over and I've gotten maybe once a year at the most. The same thing happened to my husband when he got his, he has very bad asthma and got the shot and it landed him in the hospital. He had a bad reaction to it and refuses to get it as well.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 1:12 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My daughter will. She's still at risk (hopefully just until February when she's declared clear from the heart problems) so she's getting one.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Husband has to because he is in the military. But for me and DD, no way.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 1:15 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• We get one every year. I hear this new flu shot will have a little of the H1N1 vaccine too. We will NOT stand in line for it tho- I will get us vacinated at our Dr.'s Office.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• No, none of us have ever had a flu shot and have no plans to ever get one.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Nope
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 1:32 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I am so conflicted! We all have asthma (six of my kids & me) so on the recommendation of our asthma specialist, we always get the regular flu shot. We did NOT, however, do the swine flu shot last year, as there were many many safety issues, and unanswered questions about the effect on autism spectrum individuals (three of my kids & me are on the spectrum). Our asthma doc just told us that all the flu shots this year will include both regular flu and swine flu.
    mamahobbit

Answer by mamahobbit at 1:46 PM on Aug. 31, 2010