OMG!! Why in the hell would a "mother" (I use the term lightly) party and buy things for themself when they could spend their money on their child(ren)?!?! adult content

Seriously!! I understand mothers need a "break" or whatever.. but to actually go and get drunk and spend clumps of money on themselves when they clearly need money for their child!! That pisses me off!!

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 1:12 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in General Parenting

• There is nothing that makes me any madder than to see parents spend so much money on themselves while their kids want for things. It is sad and it makes me angry. I think that there are a lot of people who have NO BUSINESS being parents. They don't understand how to make their children their first priority.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 1:50 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Talking about the "sue for loosing my extensions" post? I get you on that. :-)
    If the money is there, I agree that a mom should spend some on herself. But when it comes down to either me or my kid, she's getting stuff she needs.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:13 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Apparently all the drinking and passing out has killed one brain cell too many.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 1:17 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Sadly it happens. Im not saying a parent shouldnt be able to go out once in awhile or even spend some money on themselves but not if you dont have the money to begin with. I also think the people who do have tons of money and just hire a nanny to raise there kids are equally selfish.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 1:15 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I didn't see that post (is that here in the Answers section?) but yeah, my child comes first at all costs. He doesn't get everything he wants, but I try to always get him what he needs.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:19 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I have a nice car, go on fun trips(with kiddos), get my hair done however I want it(employee benefits lol), Go out and drink and dance once a month with my hubby, we also have some toys, but NEVER do we buy things if we need diapers, food, shelter, etc and that's all we have cash for. Priorities. But in her defense, you don't know if she saved up just enough for her hair, and it doesn't cost thousands to do them. I have people that only pay $90. From what I read she couldn't afford to do them again because it would take away from it. But I will tell you a quick story. I had a client that sat in my chair while I did her extensions telling me how the water and power were shut off in her home and her 9 yo was showering at the gym!!!! I wanted to walk away from her!! I was disgusted.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:20 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• People need to find a balance so all or most needs can be met. It shouldn't be one or the other. Unfortunately, you have to pass a test to get your driver's license, but any idiot can become a parent. If you know a family in need, see if your school or church can help them out- at least for the kids' sakes.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:20 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Alright, off topic but...

Yay! I did it! I made my first clicky and it worked!

Okay, sorry for the off topic part, I needed to gloat for a minute :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• SuperMommy I have been doing them for years in a few different areas, LA, Minneapolis etc. It depends on the type you get.(there are hundreds) Most of my clients get track and sew which isn't that bad price wise. Fusions cost a lot more ($250 to $800) and it also depends on what type of hair is being purchased and where you are going to get it done. There is no set price for hair extensions ever.
    That is why I was curious as to what type she had in. I didn't want to assume she spent a certain amount. I was thinking if it were fusions that getting them ripped out would hurt like a bitch too!lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:29 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• oh i see the post. she mentioned that she's suppose to spend the money on her kids but wants them fixed. yeahhhhh...no comment....
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:37 PM on Aug. 31, 2010