Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Need Help Finding Dental Help

My adult son does not qualify for government or local charity assistance for medical care because he has a job. He does not have enough money for a down payment on emergency dental work. He is in constant pain, his system is septic, his ability to perform his job is affected. We've sold all we can to get money for needed dental work. Have tried dental colleges. Any suggestions on what else we can do?
How could I organize a fundraiser? Have no money to invest in food/beverages/hall rental/entertainment.

Answer Question

Asked by DogsMom at 1:12 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Health

Level 3 (17 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • have you called 211 (or 411 depending on your area)

    Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

  • Check for dentist in your area that participate in/accept "Care Credit".. It is a credit line specifically for dental care/treatments.

    Trust me. I KNOW that the last thing a broke person needs is debt. But believe me. From personal experience. He MUST see a dentist as soon as possible.

    I had 1 bad tooth. That went abscessed, and I went septic. I was in the hospital for 27 hours. I had to have several rounds of IV antibiotics. A drainage tube placed in my upper gums to drain out the infection. Steriods to reduce the swelling in my face (one side of my face from chin to forhead was the size of nearly the size of a small soccer ball).. A cat scan.. I had to be looked at by an oral maxilary specialist. Had to take antibiotics (ones used to treat malaria..) for 2 weeks. And I ended up losing 2 teeth due to the infection. Basically. I nearly died. And suffered for weeks in pain due to the infection and extractions.


    Answer by pixie_trix at 1:19 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

  • Appreciate this. There is some sort of snag with it about excessive dollar amount required, but I will ask more questions.

    Comment by DogsMom (original poster) at 1:45 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

  • My local area does not have 211 or similar information services. Is this to help locate aditional help and services?

    Comment by DogsMom (original poster) at 1:47 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

  • I was going to suggest Care Credit, too.

    Answer by beckie66 at 8:50 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.