What do you think he will say?

Obama has set up a big speech about Iraq. What can he say? Do you think he will declare victory, take the credit? Obama, the one who voted against the war and the surge. He said more than once that it wouldn't work. Even the date for this withdrawl was decided by the Iraqi's and BUSH. So what can he say?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 1:20 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I just watched the speech. Man was he dry. It isn't like they saved the story for the pres. to announce. He was so matter of fact and unemotional. I didn't expect him to jump up and down or be gitty, but man. He almost looked bored. I guess he was tired from his vacation. Maybe he should get away to recharge.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:59 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 1:58 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• He will say what he thinks we want to hear.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 1:26 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Considering he primarily followed the guidelines put forth by the Bush administration and Iraqi officials, this surely won't be another one of his "I" speeches, will it?? But of course, this IS Obama.... LOL...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:37 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• He'll say whatever he thinks makes him look best, whether it's the truth or not.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:45 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Supposedly he was going to call the former president this morning. That gives me a slim hope he may give some credit where credit is due. I won't hold my breath for sure but there is that slight chance. The surge worked. Like it or not, it worked.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 3:07 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Thanks gdiamante... If he wants to have any hopes to save himself and his parties chances of survival, imo they need to stop blaming Bush....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:46 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I don't listen to TheJackass. Mostly because the term " I " means nothing when he speaks of the economy,jobs,or war.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 1:46 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• all right ladies, I've had enough fun today, gotta get to work. have fun.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 1:59 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• gertie: but if you would like, why don't we all draw up a petition to make Bush the Everlasting almighty President and do away with elections??

Are you really this immature at debate and discussion?  Who said Bush was the Everlasting Almighty....  Many of us just find Obama and Democrats funny because they say things are Bush's fault while REPEATING and CONTINUING many BUSHISMS under the name of OBAMA... ;o)  See how that works.. Should we draw you a picture?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:18 PM on Aug. 31, 2010