Diva cup...? TMI (period questions)

Ok so I youtubed it and I know it's like an instead cup but what do you all think about it? How much does it cost? where do you buy it cause I've never seen them at any of the local stores. This is a nasty question but... is it re-usable? the girl on the video made it sound like it was... which... how would you sanitize something like that?!

3livin4angels

Asked by 3livin4angels at 1:21 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• It comes with care directions (soap, water, and sterilizing), I got 2 so I could alternate. Some places you can find them in the stores, but they are easy to find online, too. I found them at the Dive Cup website and on Amazon.com. I think I paid about $40 for 2 of them, tjey are made of medical grade silicon (not like the stuff they use for implants). I really like mine. Here's a link for you:

http://www.divacup.com/
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 1:37 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I use one and I LOVE it! It reusable and I wash mine with hot soapy water and at the end of my period with a special cleaner that you can get. It's much more comfortable (IMO) than a tampon or pad and is environmentally friendly. It's never leaked on me, at night, swimming, you name it. I bought mine at an organic food shop for $30. I only bought a new one when I needed a bigger size after I had kids.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 1:33 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Go to their website. They have sanitizer for them. The Instead cup surrounds the cervix while the diva cup sits below the cervix. You can have sex with the instead because it doesn't block the vaginal canal whereas the diva or other ones that are reusable, you cannot have sex with it in since it forms a barrier to catch the fluid.

When you empty the Diva, you just dump it out and rinse or wipe it out. You sanitize it after you are home when you can.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:34 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I havent ever heard of a diva cup.. what is it?
    Brittney20

Answer by Brittney20 at 1:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• When I had periods, I really liked the Instead cups, but I wasn't comfortable with the idea of a reusable cup. The Diva cup is reusable.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Never tried it, but I've seen it at Whole Foods in the lady's sections. It was about 20 ish if I remember right.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 1:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I'm with Brittney on this one... I have no idea what that is!
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 1:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• No wonder it was 25.00 for only 2 of them - lol. Wow... how do you clean it? ...cause you gotta put it back up there and... it's gotta be clean... like really clean.
    3livin4angels

Comment by 3livin4angels (original poster) at 1:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I'm sure it comes with directions on how to properly clean it. Other than that I don't know... good luck if you decide to try it and let us know how it goes. :)
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 1:26 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• It's a cup that works kinda like a tampon. google :)
    3livin4angels

Comment by 3livin4angels (original poster) at 1:26 PM on Aug. 31, 2010