Does your computer act up or run slow after being on Cafe Mom?

I run a cleaner on my computer after being online, & that seems to help- but if I am on for over 30 minutes, it starts to run slow again- so I have to sign off & run the cleaner again. Does that happen to you too? Or is it just my computer?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 1:28 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Quite often it happens to me too..and I don't know why. Here lately it hasnt been as bad as it had been but a few times..it was horrible, it drove me insane.I think its some of the applications on here that causes it or something..or when they make changes to the site..I don't know..I'm not very computer savvy..other than to turn it on,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:30 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• YES!
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 1:35 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Actually, not so much no. But I've found opening my local newspaper's website is as slow as if I were back on 33.6 dialup. It makes me wonder how much extraneous (or malicious!) code they have in the background?
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:35 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Are you guys blocking the ads.... Cafe mom is super slow if you allow the flash active content ads.... If you run FireFox (and I think everyone should) get the AdBlock Plus add-on. It blocks all ads on the web. I've never had an issue on CafeMom with slowness and I used to be on dialup.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 1:38 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Cafemom runs extremely slow compared to other websites. I've never had it affect the rest of my computer though. It can be very frustrating.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:41 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yes but I don't know if it's just cafemom or just that my computer needs a good overall. I run my cleaner all the time
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:28 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• It's slow starting up cafemom but once up it runs finds
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 6:05 AM on Sep. 2, 2010