I want to go back to high school can i?

Im only 19, I droped out when i was 16 when i had my son. i stoped going to school so i could work full time. This year all my high school friends graduated i was so ashamed & jealous at the same time, Now they all have good jobs, & im stuck working at fast food, or at grocery stores. about 4 months ago things went down hill for me & my husband, i even had to move to a different state, Now im leaving with my uncle. We been job hunting for 3 months & still jobs less, I want my house I want my own things I cant stand living with other. I so tired of lying say i have a h.s.d when i apply for jobs, cause i know its a lie.

I would like to know If i would go back to high school ! I dont want my g.e.d.
I need help so i could get back on tract with my life.

help me please!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Money & Work

• In most areas. You can finish high school through classes at your local Community College. or... You can take classes and take your GED . .. Or... There are some online schools that you can attend to finish high school. However this option is usually costly.

Your best bet in all honesty at this point. Is probably taking prep classes at your local Community College and taking your GED exam. And just getting your GED.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:34 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• You may be too old to go back to your high school- but you can check into it. Getting your GED is just as good. Then go from there- see about taking some college classes or going to a trade school- based on what you want out of your life. It's never too late to improve your life! If I can start college w/ a 13 mos old & one on the way & graduate w/ a BA degree- then anyone can do it! Good luck!!!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:37 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Get your GED and go to college.....that would be more beneficial than high school. You are looking to make memories that I am not sure you will make, since your friends graduated. Plus to be 19 and return may be more problematic than you anticipate. Go to college or even a tech school and be with people your own age, it will be good for you memtally and you'll be happy when you get an awesome job!!!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 1:41 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• well in our state you can go to highschool online, Call your local health and human service department and see what options you have in finishing your education. Im proud of you for wanting to finish. Some states even have alternative highschools where you can bring your child and they are watched while you are there if you want to messege me and tell me where you are I can do some research for you. Also with a child and no job you may be able to get on to a housing program.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 1:35 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• There is a correspondence course called American High School where you can get an actual diploma...it is considered a legal high school in Illinois...they have a web site....2 of my children have there diplomas from American.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 1:36 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Here you can legally return up to age 21(in WI)

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:38 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i think your best bet right now would be to get a ged and save up the money towards college. usually you will have to pay to get your high school diploma so i think your best bet would be a ged that is free adn then just save the money and you can get into a community college and do some small course that will make it easier to get a job and get better paid. i wont like to you ti will be very hard you need to make sure you stick to it i was a lso a teen mom and hubby and i decided i woudl go back to school (i graduated hs though so im not sure how long that will take) but when i went to college it was hard i had to multi task when i was doing my homework and my papers and then to study and mys on was still a baby so i had to get up in the middle of the night to feed him and stuff sso it gets vvery hard. but remember you can do it and dont give up make sure you work as hard as you can and dont quit its for your bes. good luck
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 10:48 AM on Sep. 2, 2010