What would you do?

your hubby has told you just this week that YOU are a ball & chain to him,you cant do nothing by yourself,and that you are weird the strangest WOMAN he is ever met.And now came to find out he has been watching Adult movies on Cable .Plus he has been talking to a 44 yr old that's divorce or he was on his cell !!!!! And has told me to lose weight get off my butt and has compared me to one of my sisters cause how she looks skinny fixes her hair paints her toenails so I should be more like her. I HAVE HAD IT I AM NOT MY SISTER NEVER WILL BE EITHER! Plus he said he didnt know how much longer he could wait. yea he goes to work but I get the crap from him I have told him to not talk to her 44 yr old but he thinks its fine cause she lives in Tenn but if HE sees my Ex he says am cheating.. he says he isn't cheating but I dont know . please don't bash me about this its hard a enough its a little of everything with him!

Julie25

Asked by Julie25 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• Sounds like whatever you do you just won't be good enough for him.. why put yourself through that? I couldn't imagine my SO telling me anything like that.. I'd be mortified.. and I wouldn't put up with it any longer.
    Anonymous

• that is hard some of the things you are going through I went through with my ex husband and that would be why he is my ex now. He is not a good man for you, he should not do or say things to hurt you. He should never compare you with anyone and the adult movie things a lot of guys are into that but if you are not then you need to talk with him. Maybe try a marriage counselor. Keep your head up.
    rachl79

Answer by rachl79 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• You need to kick him out of the house, he has no right to treat you like that.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 2:38 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Tell him if he's not happy with you, the way you are, then he should leave! You deserve to be with someone who loves you just the way you are! there is nothing wrong with you. He has the problem. Not you! Tell him to go find someone he likes better! You don't need him! You can do better! Don't let him treat you that way!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 3:07 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• That is the definition of emotional abuse. When you get your nerve -cause I know it takes alot- leave. Dont wait until you get into an argument. I was in a relationship like that, having a double standard for him. he is right your always wrong. You probably wont realized until later about how bad it really is. by theb you will be free
    Anonymous

• I think the relationship is over, and I think you know it too. You've just got to make a decision on when to make your move.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 5:29 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• It's over hun kick his butt out the door.
    momof5monsters

Answer by momof5monsters at 7:00 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Sounds like he is going through a mid-life crisis. But whatever he is going through, he is emotionally abusing you. And he is emotionally cheating on you with the 44 yo. Get yourself some counseling because if he continues, it could affect your sefl esteem, if it already hasnt. IMO - he needs his ass kicked.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 8:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Oh wow what would I do.....

Either leave him and tell that you are really doing him a favor, after all you are just "a ball and chain" to him. Or you could kick him out on his ass and tell him that you are tired of cleaning up after his sad sack butt. Let the 44 year old do it for him.
    You could also tell him that you would fix your hair and paint your toe nails for a man that treats you right the way you deserve to be treated!
    Steph1977

Answer by Steph1977 at 10:47 PM on Oct. 12, 2008