Are you rude on the phone?

Sometimes I have to call people at work - I am NOT a telemarker or anything near it, though I can see why people might think I am at first when I ask to speak with them, but some people are just down right ignorant when I ask. I get "who the hell is this?" "what you want?" etc. Can't you just have class? I'm actually calling with GOOD information that YOU need. It's funny how their attitude changes when I tell them who I am. But it's still irritating to be greeted that way.

Just made me wonder how many people actually have class when answering the phone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i get rude on the phone some times.. lol
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 1:47 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• no,unless the caller won't take no for an answer.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:47 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• That is harsh, I've asked with a confused voice "Who is this?" -- -but never used any negative language.
    JanetCG

Answer by JanetCG at 1:47 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• it all depends if they get rude first
    michelle34231

Answer by michelle34231 at 1:48 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• No I'm talking all I say is "Hi, may I speak with.....?" and I get all types of attitude. I mean even when I answer my own phone I at least reply "may I ask who's calling?" not "who the hell is this?" It's just so....trashy!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:52 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Well if you put it that way ("do you have class") then, of course I do lol!

But honestly, I do start out conversations with unknown callers with a bit of an attitude - I don't like being called on the phone (even by my friends lol!) so that's why. It doesn't always come out in what I way, but I'm always a bit annoyed, I guess is what I'm saying.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 1:53 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• When private numbers ome up i answer it but i don't get rude unless they start rambling on on about this and that. So ya i have class when answering my phone it could be anyone.....
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 1:54 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• i don't say "who the HELL is this" no i usually ask who it is what they want and what not.. but i don't usually cuss at them lol
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 1:57 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• maybe thats the way your co workers are. i could be rude on the phone but if im talking to a company's worker, the worker goes by rules and there's nothing i can do about a worker who works for the company, no need to get rude with a worker, just ask for the boss or manager then a person can get rude.

my sister is this way though, if she doesnt get her way, she gets all defensive and starts yelling at them
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:59 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• You could say "I am calling from....whatever",,,,and tnen they won't be taken by surprise and ask who you are. I don't mind if Iknow who it is,why they are calling.
    BUT if it is a telemarketer trying to sell something and they won't give up, then I just hang up.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:01 PM on Aug. 31, 2010