End times...Can someone tell me...?

Can someone tell me why, with all the scriptures plainly stating that the end times were in the Bible times, that the church insists that it's still out in the future? Every time I bring up this question, the poster closes the question. Now it's my turn. I want a discussion on this. 95% or more of the church still believes it's still in the future, but more are starting to realize that something has been missed. I want to hear what you have to say...

rhope4

Asked by rhope4 at 2:33 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'll be the first one to say that no church, no matter how close they claim they are to God, can say when or if the "end" is coming. ONLY GOD can decide that. Nobody can say a date or a time or even give a correct guesstimate.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:36 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I don't exactly understand what your getting at but with the way Revelations talks about the events that take place it doesn't seem too far away if you ask me/ Although it would be nice if it was. We can't predict the end times but the bible gives us clues and signs. I think what your saying is is already happened? No the bible has to fufill itself. It's comint and jesus is coming to get his people. What do you mean? Do you think it is not in the future?
    Anonymous

• I agree with the prior poster. No man on earth has a clue when God is coming. We wont know the minute, the hour, the week, the month or even the year. The only one that knows is GOD. We all just have to do our best to be ready for when it happens.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 2:41 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• But the bible does strictly say basically we won't know when it happens...Soall these people making prophesies obviously didn't read that part...
    Anonymous

• To the anon poster, yes, I believe it has already happened. I believe the church missed something dramatic with this teaching. Revelation was addressed to the seven churches in ASIA, yet the church teaches that it's for us today when nothing would indicate that. Also, in Acts 2 at the day of Pentecost, Peter stood up and said that THOSE were the days (last days) that the prophet Joel spoke about. There are other scriptures like this, but these are the two I can think of right off the bat.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 2:46 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• No the Christ has not returned for His bride the church. I do believe we are in the end times. There are 2500 prophecies in the bible.. 2000 have been fulfilled. He will not return until all have been fulfilled. Only God the Father knows. However, we can know the season and this is the season.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 3:28 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Bonn.....pls elaborate on the 2500 prophecies...also, what do you mean by this being the season?
    SugaB28

Answer by SugaB28 at 3:42 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Bonn777, what about the area where Jesus told Caiaphas (not sure of the spelling) that he would be there when Jesus returned? Does this mean that we have a 2000 year old man running around somewhere? What about all the writings where Paul and the others said that those times (when the Bible was being written) were the last days? There are many instances where they said that. "Soon" is not more than 2000 years ago. If it were, Isaiah and the others that foretold Jesus' birth would have said it would happen "soon" when there was less than 1000 years between the Old and New Testaments.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 3:53 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• SugaB28 - throughout the bible there were prophecies... that spoke about Israel, the Jewish people, the birth of Christ, the death of Christ, the resurrection of Christ, the second coming of Christ etc. in total there were 2500 prophecies...of these 2000 have been fulfilled. One of the prophecies is in Mt. 24:14 says Christ would not return until the Gospel has been preached in every nation. There are still areas (most commonly the 20/40 window) that have not been reached. Mt. 24:23-25 talks about false prophets and people saying they are the christ or that christ has returned. 24 For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible. 25 See, I have told you ahead of time.
    There is so much more when it comes to prophecies and end time prophecies... if you want to know more, feel free to PM.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 4:30 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• rhope4: give me chapter and verse...
    Even Christ talked about His return. So if He had already returned what was He talking about. We the church are His bride that He is returning for... if He has returned, why is His bride still here. The bible says - He was going away to prepare a place for us that where He was We would be there also. (If He has returned why are we not there). The bible also says - Jesus would return to reign 1000 years after the tribulation... the tribulation has not happened and Jesus is not reigning. The bible says there would be a new heaven and a new earth... it also speaks of a new Jerusalem.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 4:34 PM on Oct. 11, 2008