I recently got bunk beds for my 2 boys. One is 5 years old (he is doing good in the top bed), but I am concern about my 2 year old and the stair .

How can I babyproof it? he just turn 2 last week.

sami7jami8

Asked by sami7jami8 at 1:57 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Does your 2 year old go up the ladder on slides very well? My 2 year old did just fine on the ladder. I watched him and had him practice a few times with me right there. My 12 month old LOVED going up the ladder but she was always falling off. I ended up removing the ladder during the day. The 4 year old could climb up without the ladder if necessary. Then at night, when my daughter was in her own bed, I put the ladder back on. But after a few months of practicing she was fine on the ladder too.

I guess I don't know about babyproofing, I would just teach him how to use it so you don't need to worry.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 2:00 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I would be too. my little guy did a "both bone" break falling off my bed. Anything over double their body height is a big fall for a two year old.

Do you do Feng Shui? the bottom bunker has some sort of "energy" blocking...(weird, probably...but I know people who correct for it).
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 2:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2010