How accurate are the online Ovulation Calculators? Worried I'm pregnant!

My fiance and I's condom broke completely and he came inside me. I checked online to see the likelyhood of me becoming pregnant and it says that I'm MOST fertile this whole week and he came inside me the 29th. My last period was August 20th so our accident was 9 days after I stopped menstruating but I know sperm can live for days inside the uterous. Kinda freaking out because we don't want to have children until we are married!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Usually they are pretty accurate.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:05 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• The calculators are only accurate if you have a regular cycle and don't miss an ovulation (which can happen). If you are stressed prior to ovulation, it can postpone ovulation which will also postpone your period.

sperm can only live for 3 days if the conditions are right. Your cervical mucous has to be stretchy-egg-white. If it's not, sperm will not live more than 30 minutes to an hour. Sperm needs that mucous to 'feed' off of the proteins long enough to make it to the egg.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:05 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Thats what happened to me and I ended pregnant
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 2:08 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• The only thing you can do is wait... don't freak yourself out till you know.. also i attahced a link to the mayo website how long sperm can actually live.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 2:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Ugh! lol, you ladies are not easing my fears but I'm sure if we are pregnant we will be fine. We've been together 3 years and engaged for a year. Our wedding date is in 2 years and I wanted to do a little schooling before we added to our family. I also felt a little spasm in my left ovary last night..if that was me ovulating then I'm screwed because it was just the night before that we had the "oopsie".
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:13 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Sorry but the truth is the best.. Sometimes It's a lil scary when you first find out especially when you don't expect it... but it grows on you and i'm sure you will become very excited! Congrats if you are ;)
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 2:52 PM on Aug. 31, 2010