Has anyone been tested for food allergies?

I break out in welts almost everyday and I do not know what it is from. Some days are worse than others. Sometimes I get one or two on my arm or hand, and other days I get them all over and scratch so much that I leave scabs.

I was told that I should tell my doctor that I want to be yested for food allergies. What oes this consist of and would you recommend it?

MizzNicole

Asked by MizzNicole at 2:36 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Health

• Yes I have and so has my son,they test you against several different types the most common foods being nuts,shellfish,etc.if you are breaking out you might be allergic to something you are eating it might be adviseable for you to talk toyour doctor about going to see an allergist and getting tested,better to be safe then sorry.good luck.
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 4:13 PM on Oct. 11, 2008