Do you actually make money selling avon?

I'm a stay home mom and bills are getting tight and I am thinking of selling avon...Do you actually make money doing it? How much money usually?

BradensMom1026

Asked by BradensMom1026 at 2:15 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Money & Work

• I never did and neither did my Hubby's a Aunt and she lots of clients.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 2:17 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• In order to make a lot of money selling Avon, you have to be able to recruit new members to your salesteam. You get a percentage of their sales. If you really want to do direct sales, I would recommend you try finding one where there isn't a sales woman on every street.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:17 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My sister did but not that much. It just helped with small things.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 2:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I didn't.
    dragonlady320

Answer by dragonlady320 at 2:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I have a friend that sells it, and has been for years. She does pretty well. Just an FYI, lookin into it and see if there are a lot of people in your area that sell this, or even Mary Kay. I do mary kay very p/t on the side of my candle business, but found after the fact that there are so many people that do both. And when you try to sell they say they already buy from someone! Good luck on your search!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 3:20 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Unfortunately, I didn't. I was buying unnecessary products too.
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 4:13 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Before buying or selling any body care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). www.cosmeticsdatabase.com
    Avon and Mary Kay, among others, make a big public show of their support of breast cancer research and victims, yet refuse to stop using cancer causing ingredients in their products.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:24 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• there are so many Avon reps it's ridiculous. I never made a cent. Also, it is very tough to actually make money in direct sales. Some people do very well. Most only spend money on their biz. You're better off getting a real wah job. Check out www.wahcheck.com, www.wahm.com, www.ratracerebellion.com, etc. :)
    connorlove

Answer by connorlove at 5:21 AM on Sep. 1, 2010