Did you sign your 3 year old up for soccer? 1 hour practice each day, games each saturday?

Why on earth would I want to do that? Everyone in my family is pushing me to sign her up and I say no way. What do you ladies think?

texasgurl33

Asked by texasgurl33 at 2:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If she wants to.. then sure!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:17 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Three sounds a little young for such a big commitment
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 2:18 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• No. Children benefit more from unstructured free play than from athletic activities.

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:19 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• my 3yr olds first practice is tomorrow! practice is about an hour on Wednesday's, then the game is on Thursday's. Its fun for the kids, good exercise, chance for him to play with other kids

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:20 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My 3-year-old is going to play soccer because he wants to. But, he will only have one practice and one game a week, with one week off sometime during the season. My older child never had practice more than twice a week. I think every day is too much for even older kids; I definitely wouldn't want a 3-year-old having soccer practice daily.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 2:22 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• If your 3 year old wants to do it, then yes. If not, then no.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 2:22 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• No!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:37 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• That seems like an awful lot of time for a 3-year-old to commit, especially for one activity. I suppose if they're really lax, and "practice" is just letting the kids run around outside...then maybe. But not if they actually expect kids that age to do anything productive for that long.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:26 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• nope... we do dance, sunday school, K3, swimming... and that's crazy busy for us!
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:45 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My kids love soccer, they asked for a soccer net and play almost everyday with one another so I would but wouldn't push them if it was to much for them either
    Shelly922731

Answer by Shelly922731 at 11:30 AM on Sep. 1, 2010