Do you ever stop to think?

that Children spell Love- TIME? It is true. People spend so much time trying to make money so they can buy their children the newest fashions and etc. However, Children really want their parents to spend time with them. Quality time with your Children can do so much. It can help them bond with you and help keep them from taking a bad direction in life. Time is so important. Spend it wisely.

I post this not only to be sharing with others but to remind myself. It is so easy to get caught up in life and forget that the one thing they need the most is our time.

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 2:18 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in General Parenting

• I agree children need our time to provide for them, to guide them, to teach, to support them and remind them how much we Love them.
    While I do work full time as does my husband to provide for them the most opportunities we can, my husband finds time to coach wrestling and football to be with them. I find time to watch movies or take them shopping or for ice cream or simply a walk around the mall. We find time to do family things, going to dinner, going to a movie, staying at a hotel to go swimming sometimes, sitting on the couch just to talk...staying active in their lives to show how important to us they really are, how proud of them we are and above all how much we love them.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 4:49 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• absolutely true!!! also, hugs and kisses! My kids love to cuddle and hang on me lol
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 2:19 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• So true
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 2:20 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• So true. I'm not always good about spending time with my boy. He's not neglected, but I don't always think of sitting down and doing activities with him (we do have our nightly bedtime ritual however). I have to work on that. This weekend I finger painted with him and he had a ball.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:20 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• "Children are born into this world owing us nothing, and we owing them EVERYTHING"

Someone told my hubby that one time and we just have always remember this saying cause it is so TRUE.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:27 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• yep...I remember watching O and a little girl talking about mom who died and what she misses most~"eating cheerios with my mom"
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 2:21 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Your time and attention is priceless.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 2:21 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• True
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 2:28 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Children really want parents who respect them.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:21 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• While I agree that
    Children really want parents who respect them.
    there is a thin line between respect and allowing your Child to control you. I respect my Children and they respect me. Children need time, attention and love more than any other basic need.
    hsmominky

Comment by hsmominky (original poster) at 2:29 PM on Aug. 31, 2010