I'm pregnant, I'm at work, & I have heartburn soooo freaking bad!! Any secrets to get rid of it!!??

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 2:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• DO you have any way to go buy a jug of milk..wether it be white,chocolate or strawberry...milk always helps me out. Buy a couple just in case,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:26 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Tums....?????
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 2:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Chug a glass of cold white milk. Avoid coffee and chocolate since both make it worse (for me any way, I'm assuming for others too).
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I always drinked 7up. it didnt goaway totaly but it helped. in fact thats what the Doc., told me to do.
    jennyfrances

Answer by jennyfrances at 2:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Zantac 75 was the only thing. Anything with water in it gave me heartburn
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• since your at work you can try milk, its a base its not great but might kill some of it, i used tums w my first but idk if you can get any ask around? lol
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 2:26 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• stand up...you need to get your stomach to empty faster. chew more than usual, smaller meals...has your last snack/meal been in there 1/2hr...you might try and "wash" the stomach with a big glass of water to help dump the meal and empty the stomach.

same with pills that you want to "wash out" of the stomach quickly...take them on a empty stomach with a ton of water...lay down with LEFT side up and right side down...the stomach is pointing down and usually will dump the pills out whole with the water...you can feel it sometimes~

I have two Gtube kids and have to check residual before I can put anymore food in....I can get a meal to wash out with 8oz of water....and I can see stomach bleeding with meds (especially motrin) and will try and get the stomach to push meds out in 10 mins to prevent bleeding.
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 2:34 PM on Aug. 31, 2010