(Mostly for witchcraft practitioners) Are people drawn to certain elements?

I know in withcraft the fours elements (Earth, Air, Fire and Water) are very important. I have been thinking back alot lately, and I hav noticed, I have always felt more "powerful (for lack of a better word)" when I am around/in water. And this even includes rain. In fact, as a child, I sincerly believed that I was a mermaid and my mom had somehow "kidnapped" me for my real parents (I have always had an active imagination, lol). So, I guess my question is do you believe that people are more drawn to one element then another, or is it up to each person? If you do, do you have a theory as to WHY they would be drawn to that element?
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 2:35 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am not a practicing Wiccan, but do understand where you are coming from. I too feel more drawn to water and as far as my emotions they too are more like water....more fluid, constantly moving and changing, and very powerful (although all elements are powerful), but more fluid fits better. But it also could be due to my astrological sign and house or what planet is influencing and so forth, I am a Picese and fit that mold to a tee. I have never lived in the same physical house/residence/home for more than 2 years in my adult life, from 18 to 32. And it doesn't phase me at all, I love it. This would bother some people. But this is one example of how my flexible and fluid like personality makes it easier for me to adjust. When I lived in Tacoma WA I was very at peace, maybe all that water was the reason? When I lived in southern Alabama I wasn't so peaceful....but I was pregnant back to back too. But good question!!!!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:42 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I dont think everyone is drawn to one over the other but some are.

Im drawn to fire but earth seems to always find its way back into my life somehow so you could say Im drawn to two of the elements.

No idea why, just is.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:45 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I'm Air and Fire.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:03 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I think so. I'm definitely drawn to Earth.
    Guinhyvar

Answer by Guinhyvar at 4:17 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• my element is Water so I'm definitely drawn to it but sometimes I'm also drawn to Earth and then fire too. never really have be drawn to Air all that much though.
    flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 4:50 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yep. I'm drawn to Water and Fire... Air also, but not so much. And Earth, not a chance! I don't do dirt! lol!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:38 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yeah, I definitely think so! Im very connected to water, not to mention I am a Pisces. But since I was a young child I've always noticed that my emotions and situations are parallel to the conditions of the rain(ie storm/ little shower, and etc.). Im not sure I understand completely why different beings have elemental connections, but I think it has something to do with the energy we carry and the vibratory frequencies we give off into the universe. Just my guess...

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 7:18 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Fire and Water here. There's just something about the strength and life of both. They both can bring life or destroy it. I'm a Scorpio and like powerful things and those are two of the most powerful elements (imo).
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:00 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yeah, I have no clue why I would be drawn to water. I am a Libra, so it can't be that. Well, come to think of it, it could be. Since I do also like fire. And, no that doesn't mean i am a pyro, it just means I respect fire. I love sitting around a camp fire and I love having candles around. So, I guess that could equate to balance, since one can't exist within the other? IDK.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Comment by spiritguide_23 (original poster) at 10:37 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Yes I feel very connected to water and feel better when I am around it. I'm not sure why, been that way since I was a child. But I am also very drawn to forest and trees. Child of nature I guess :)
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 2:17 AM on Sep. 1, 2010