Does anyone really believe that PEACE will ever exist on Earth?

What does PEACE mean to you?...do you believe with so many differences in opinions, beliefs, religions, etc. that there will ever be PEACE in the world?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• No, but I think we can have peace in our on mind but never full peace on this earth...People will never compromise to that level.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 2:44 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• No, humans are greedy and selfish by nature.
    abs0726

Answer by abs0726 at 3:09 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Peace already exists on Earth. I am on Earth and I am at peace with my inner self. However, ABSOLUTE and INTEGRAL Earthly peace will only be achieved when everyone achieves a state of total inner and outer harmony or oneness with the Earth and all of the people on it...when people learn to accept others for who they are and what they do. ONLY then will Earth become Utopia. I personally believe that the Earth WILL once again be a harmonious place..but neither I nor you will ever expierence that kind of Utopia. The best that we can do is try and achieve PERSONAL peace and harmony within ourselves.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 3:46 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Not world-wide peace, it's in human nature to be violent. I wish though
    Anonymous

• Yes...I do believe one day we will have a paradise earth.
    Anonymous

• We can have peace, yes. But it's not likely to happen until individuals (no matter how rich and powerful) allow every other individual to live their lives as they wish, so long as they harm no one.

The greatest block to peace is intolerance and trying to force others to think, feel and act the way we want them to, whether as a person, group, or nation state.

And the powers-that-be help promote that too. "Divide and Conquer" is a powerful tool of the elite, and the masses continue to allow themselves to be manipulated into thinking they are superior and that those "others" (anyone who is different) are their enemies.
    Anonymous

• Peace is not an action, it's a way of life. Until everyone becomes aware of their inner self and chooses peace as the way, we will never have world wide peace.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 4:57 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Peace is the absence of conflict.

It will never happen; there will always be greedy, evil people in the world--always!
    MojitoMama

Answer by MojitoMama at 5:26 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Complete peace will never exist. We should still strive for peace, though. I still have hope the the world will become more harmonious in time.
    ...Ruth...

Answer by ...Ruth... at 5:36 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I truely wish, if all the people on earth could find peace within themselves then we would have peace on earth. I actually have a tye dye peace sign tatooed to my shoulder. When I got it done ( I designed it) the artist said "arnt peace signs out of style, these were for the sixties" Peace is never out of style he he
    gavrilmom

Answer by gavrilmom at 5:48 PM on Oct. 11, 2008