What time do you consider lunch time for kids to eat?

I have a 4 and 6 year old. my 6 year old now eats at school for breakfast and lunch but when she gets home at 2:25pm should i feed her a snack until a 5-6pm dinner or no? Two On weekends and for other kids who are not in school or half day/holidays and there home what time do you consider Lunch Time? 12:00 noon exactly, 1:00pm?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Kids' Health

• whenever they get hungry for it, can't force em to be hungry
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 2:39 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My son has lunch sometime from 12-12:30 usually. He eats breakfast at 7:30 or 8. He has a decent sized snack at around 3 after his nap, then dinner at about 6:45.
    Kisses4Henry

Answer by Kisses4Henry at 2:40 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Only feed a child if they are hungry. Never offer them food just because. That can lead to them eating out of boredom or just snacking all day for the heck of it, which leads to health issues including obesiety. If your child is genuinely hungry then go ahead and feed them a snack until dinner is ready. As for the specific time of lunch it all depends on wake time and breakfast. My one and 10 month old both wake at 8:30 am. Sometimes 9. They get their breakfast right after diapers are changed. Then they get their lunch at noon and go down for naps at 1-1:30. If your child woke up at 10-11 then lunch would be pushed back, because breakfast would be at a normal lunch time. Therefore, it all depends on your kids schedules.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:47 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I make lunch for my kids when they ask for it
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 9:55 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• at school they feed my daugther at 11:30. i tend to give it at noon.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 10:12 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• lunch is between 12 & 1 usually. I would offer a light snack to your child after school.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 4:11 PM on Oct. 27, 2010