What should I do if I don't have a support person at labor?

I am 6 months pregnant, single, and my family is too busy to help. I feel that I am alone with my pregnancy. I am completely clueless. I was just wondering if I'm supposed to get a nurse to be there with me? I don't know.

JC24

Asked by JC24 at 2:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• With my first I wasnt with the father but he wanted to be in the room so although I didnt like him I let him because it only happens once and I didnt want to take it from him because I didnt like him. He wasnt going to be my support though because I knew he wouldn't keep me calm. I had my mom and my 2 best friends in there. It is helpfull to have someone who has gone through labor too because I was in the room with my friend when she had her first and I had already had my two boys. She said she wouldn't have been able to do it without my help and support. Overall I would find a friend if your family cant help. Once your in labor and pushing you wont care who is in there...trust me. Just find somone who would keep you calm and support you.
    Softwater

Answer by Softwater at 2:52 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• The hospital will supply the nurses, but they won't stay in the room the whole time. I would ask a very close friend if she/he would be there for you when you go into labor. It really isn't something that you want to do alone.
    coala

Answer by coala at 2:46 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• there will already be at least two nurses there with you along with your doctor. They are there to help you. And i am very sorry that you feel alone.....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:46 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• i did it alone with my first and the dr and nurses where my "support"
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 3:00 PM on Oct. 11, 2008