if you had the money would you put your kids in privite schools?

shannonsmom555

Asked by shannonsmom555 at 2:44 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Absolutely!
    MomX3LJC

Answer by MomX3LJC at 4:39 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• FIT - I went to 12yrs of private school myself. Yes, there is peer pressure but nowhere near that the same level as in the public schools. private school kids know RIGHT from WRONG and sadly parents today expect the publics schools to teach their kids right from wrong for them and then turn around and bitch when they try.

You will be the one who is sorry in the long run.

My son has been in private Catholic school for 6yrs, and compared to other 10yr old PUBLIC school kids who are violent and cussing and disrespectful bullies. I KNOW I made the right choice.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 3:09 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• No she does just fine in school now.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 2:45 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Nope.. sure wouldnt
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:46 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• yes... I would put them in the Christian School here
    mamachef694

Answer by mamachef694 at 2:46 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• No i dont see much difference, really.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 2:46 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• If I had the money we would leave here and I would educate my son in Europe or somewhere with much higher standards than the US. I couldn't send him over there.. I couldn't be away from him. I would have to go and then my husband would have to go. It would be a whole big hassle. It's good I don't have the money, huh? :-)
    Kisses4Henry

Answer by Kisses4Henry at 2:47 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My kids are in private school, and let me tell you, if you had the $$ for daycare then you certainly have the money for private school. My son's tuition is $4,800 and daycare is over $7000. The difference will cover summer camp, so in the end, I break even.

Public schools do not teach morals. Public schools are over-crowded. Public schools are overrun with violence and drugs. Public schools and their unreliable, irresponsible bus services and kiss my ass.

All these school shooting....stabing...bulling to death.....Which one happened at St. Mary's? St. Thomas' ? Mother Mary our Queen? NONE OF THEM...........Public schools are not safe.

PERIOD
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 2:53 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• sure would. special education in the public schools isn't very special~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 2:47 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• we've thought about it..but idk. we've looked over a few possibilities, read through their handbooks/requirements/etc (and i'm not taling about academics, i'm talking about financial committments, fundraisers, etc)..it seems they want more money all year long, in addition to tuition. plus, the two we've looked at require definite parental volunteerism so many times/year. i'm all about volunteering, but i don't want to be committed before hand, just as a qualification for my child to attend their school.
    obviously, we have a lot to think about..he's only in kindergarten, so there is time.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:48 PM on Aug. 31, 2010