How did your water break during child birth?

Mine splashed out and my dd's father jumped out of the way saying, "What is that?"

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 2:55 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Health

• it broke as my baby came out. It was a giant flood!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:57 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• The doctor broke my water .
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:56 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• The first time it broke during the pushing. Not sure when, but it happened then sometime.

The second broke at 3am when I got up to go to the bathroom one night. I got back into bed and found I was soaked and leaking like crazy.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:57 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• My doctor broke mine right before being induced. It felt so weird lol
    BraythansMom

Answer by BraythansMom at 2:58 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Mine broke on its own in bed with my first and the midwife broke it with my second.
    ShawnaH2005

Answer by ShawnaH2005 at 2:58 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I was laying in my hospital bed (I'd been induced) and the water gushed out. The nurse didn't believe me, just thought I peed on myself. When they came back later to clean me up (I guess), she goes "Oh my, your water did break!" No shit Sherlock, I don't gush when I pee.

Speaking of which...nature calls! :p
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:58 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• With my first I was laying in bed when I felt some "moisture" soaking my panties, I stood up quick and it stopped.

With my 2nd & 3rd kids the Docs broke my water.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 2:58 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I was laying in bed and it just splashed in his direction where he was sitting at the edge of the bed.
    tryin2BGOOD

Comment by tryin2BGOOD (original poster) at 2:56 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• lol that's funny. With Jenna they had to break my water for me and eventually I had an emergency c-section, with Brianna I had a planned c-section. The only interesting thing about my pregnancies was when I had my very first ultrasound with Jenna - her dad passed out cold. When he came around the ultrasound tech goes "I said it wasn't twins." lol.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 3:00 PM on Aug. 31, 2010