Help for curly-wavy-frizzy hair? Also getting thin in front?? boo hoo!

I can't seem to find something that works. My hair has gone crazy. I have a funny multiracial mix goin on, don't know what else to call it. If I let it air dry the length seems ok usually but the roots are so frizzy. If I blow it out it's so thin and dry and feels liks straw no matter how much moisturizer I use. My daughter's hair is similar but a little finer in texture. But no matter what, that frizz won't go. Any ideas?

69humblepie

Asked by 69humblepie at 2:57 PM on Aug. 31, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Moroccan Oil Shampoo/Conditioner and Argon Oil is what I use on my hair keep the frizz at bay and smells really nice too. Deva Curl is another brand you may want to look into for frizz/wave control. G/L
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 5:04 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• This stuff:
    http://www.amazon.com/Bain-Terre-Recovery-Anti-Frizz-4-2-Ounce/dp/B000EM9D0W

My mom is a hair stylist and she swears by it! You need just a drop, and spread it through your hair when it's dry, it gets the frizzies to go away! I love this stuff!!!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 3:01 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I have a Paul Mitchell frizz-easing stuff.

However, I have an Egyptian friend who has curly crazy hair, and she had read to not shampoo your hair as much because shampoo is what dries it out. Instead, just condition your hair everyday and shampoo every now and then. I have straight hair, but it's fried from dye and I started trying it and noticed a change. I shampooed every other day and just conditioned in between. You've just gotta rinse your roots really well so they don't look so greasy!
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 3:06 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I have no good advice. I hope you find something that works for you.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 8:09 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• good luck i'll be checking back to see ar well.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 11:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• liss05, I used the Moroccan Oil lotion for my hair. LOVED it But can't afford it all the time (sad face). I heard of argon oil but have never tried it. Where could I find this?
    69humblepie

Comment by 69humblepie (original poster) at 8:15 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I heard Moroccan Oil works.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:36 AM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Avon has some frizz-control products: Advanced Techniques Frizz Control Shampoo, Advanced Techniques Frizz Control Conditioner, & the latest one (which I LOVE LOVE LOVE!!) is Advanced Techniques Frizz Control Lotus Shield Anti-Frizz Treatment. Works like a charm & smells great!!!
    fosternpa

Answer by fosternpa at 3:04 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• I was just looking in an Avon book wondering if that stuff worked. Hmm...
    69humblepie

Comment by 69humblepie (original poster) at 2:12 PM on Sep. 2, 2010